Mandala Art Journal Page by Angie Coomber

Hi Everyone!

How are you? I was back at work for the first time in 10 weeks last week, what a shock to the system!

My project for you today is a lace cut (is that the right word?) mandala page and it's really not as tricky as it might look.


First I painted a very simple background with my fingers, just patches of colour (light pink, cerise, orange & turquoise).


I added some background stamping using the Mixed A Sentiment #2 and Grungy Borders stamp sets.
I also added some stencilling, using the same paint colours (but forgot to take a photo!)


I cut a black piece of card the same size as my journal page, marked the centre of the page on one of the long edges and use a compass to draw (half) circles from the inside to the outside. I didn't use any particular masurements for this. Next I created the sections.


I drew some simple leave shapes first and then filled in the gaps with very simple squares, triangles, rectangles. If you're worried about making mistakes, fill in the shapes you want to cut out. 
Also, make sure that your shapes are not too close to any of the edges.


Once I was happy with the design I used a craft knife to cut out all of the shapes (make sure your blade is nice and sharp).


I stamped some of the flowers from the Textured Flowers set onto white card and coloured them in, using water colours and pencils.


I turned over the lace design and glued it to the background, then adhered some of the flowers and a quote.

Finally I added white dooling around all of the shapes.


Give it a try - it's really satisfying!

Hugs from Angie x

Stamps used here:









Comments

Susanne Rose said…
What a brilliant idea! This turned out so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Join our Combined Blog Hop!

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Back from The Netherlands