Antique Botanicals Card by Dot

Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is well and enjoying whatever the season is where ever you live.

Today I've got a quick card for you using the Antique Botanicals set of stamps.
This set has so many different stylish elements in it.  It is one of those sets that is a real classic!



I had the idea of having a half circle that was shaded in with ink and having butterflies flying out of the open part of the circle. 
The circle was die-cut and I used the inside space for my work.  




The first thing that I did was to stamp the butterfly inside the circle and mask it off.
Flowers from the Antique Botonicals set were stamped with Distress oxides, along with a little stenciling and inking.

In my usual clumsy way, I had a couple of smudge marks. How does the black ink always seem to end up on my fingers??? (shaking my head!). I covered the marks up with a some blending of ink around the edges. It did the trick!




The flowers on the edge looked a little plain so I reached for my water colour pencils and added a few flicks of colour.  Sometimes it doesn't need a whole lot to make a big difference.
I then decided to flick a touch of colour onto the butterflies as well - why not!

The words are from Mix A Sentiment.  This word set is so much fun to play with.  It's amazing how the words that you need just come to you.

Stamps Used Were:

   

Other Products Used Were:
Distress Inks/Oxides
Water colour pencils

A quick reminder that we have a stamping challenge each month
 over on our face book page here.
Every month it has an Anything Goes theme, 
or you can follow the colour combo.



thanks so much for stopping by.

Happy Stamping!
Dot x




Comments

aussie aNNie said…
LOVE this Dot and you know I will have to CASE this.xx
Susanne Rose said…
Awww! What a beautiful card!!!
ingunnsinekort said…
This is so gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Back from The Netherlands