DIY Doodle Flowers Watercolour Tags

Hey there everyone, it's Mandy here and I'm excited to share my second guest designer project using the Doodle Flowers stamp set with you.



As soon as the stamp set arrived, I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. It just screamed water colouring and fussy cutting to me and I immediately thought of cutting the different flowers out of different kinds of papers to decorate watercolour tags with them.

Fussy cut Doodle Flowers

First I prepared the flowers to fussy cut them out. I used:

  • Doodle Flower stamp set,
  • different kinds of watercolour paper & vellum (please feel free to use what you have on hand, also paper scraps are fine for this step),
  • VersaMark stamp ink and different embossing powders. I decided to go with some pink and mint toned, gold and white embossing powder. In the end I used also clear embossing powder.
  • Embossing buddy, and
  • heat gun


I stamped the flowers on the different papers using different embossing powders and cut them out. During the process the idea to make watercolour tags with some kind of resist effect on it came into my mind. I embossed a bigger paper with flowers and leaves using clear and white embossing powder to be used for the tags.




Doodle Flowers Watercolour Tags

I went through my stash and put different things together to make my watercolour tags:


  • different kinds of watercolour papers,
  • different kinds of water based colours such as a cheaper watercolour palette from the local craft store, liquid watercolours and some other of my favourite watercolour sets. Also here please feel free to use what you have on hand. It doesn't need to be a fancy and expensive media. Also Neocolor II sticks, Gelatos or sprays will work as well, and
  • brushes.
I coloured a bigger paper piece first before I cut out the tags. And to have a variety of tags I used different techniques to colour them such as wet-on-wet techniques to make a kind of Ombré-look or the packaging technique. And I also used a straw to drop colour onto the paper.



And now it's time to cut the tags out. Here you can use a template (e.g. Manila Tags), you can use a die and your cutting machine or you simple cut them out using your scissors.


And here are the tags I made in different sizes, the fussy cut Doodle Flowers and things I collected from my stash to decorate the tags.



The tags you can decorate and use in different ways. Maybe you will use them ring-bounded as an mini art journal or as gift tags. And so I ended up with five decorated tags.





Thanks for stopping by and take care,
Mandy

Products used:

https://www.rubberdance.de/big-sheets/doodle-flowers/#cc-m-product-14004437333

Comments

ionabunny said…
Beautiful tags. Love the different techniques you used on the backgrounds and the flowers on the vellum are so delicate and pretty. Hugz
Susanne Rose said…
WOW!!! These tags are so so pretty. I am totally inspired to make my own. Or maybe some greeting cards in this style. Wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

NEW! Join our Monthly Colour Challenge!

Back from The Netherlands