Christmas cards with poinsettias made out of stamped leaves

Hello!

It´s Melina here today with some Christmas card inspiration.
Can you believe it´s soon Christmas!? I can´t...


Here´s what I did:
I used the leave stamps from Crazy Flowers #1 and Crazy Flowers #2.
I stamped them and heat embossed the images using both silver and gold embossing powder.
Then I had some serious fussy cutting to do!


I punched out three small circles as a base for the flowers and started to glue the leaves 
down in layers, going from the bigges to the smallest in the middle. I finally glued some mini beads in the center and splashed some white paint onto my poinsettias.


Here are my finished cards.






Rubber Dance stamps used:

Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Melina





Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Oh my goodness me, your cards are gorgeous Melina!!! I would never have guessed that this was not a poinsettia stamp if I hadn't recognised the leaves you've used! Love how the flowers look over the Old Bookpage stamp - and the way you distressed those it really looks as if you have used a real book pages! The blue background is also very beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
These are all so beautiful and such a clever idea too.
Wow! Such a cool idea :) they really look like poinsettias. Love the beautiful cards.
Hugs
Preeti
Craftyfield said…
So effective! Great lateral thinking... Beautiful cards!
What a cleaver idea to make Poinsettia, Melina, beautiful cards too! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Your cards are just adorable and elegant Melina, brilliant use of the lovely leaf stamp too
Hugs
Donna xx
ionabunny said…
Gorgeous. Love how you made these. Hugz
Thank you all so much 💕
Susanne Rose said…
How amazing! What a fantastic idea to create a poinsettia with the leaves!!! Love it.

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button