A Christmas Flip Flop Book

Good morning and happy Sunday. It's Sue here and I'm happy to be sharing another Christmas project with you, a flip-flop book.



We've recently had a new release of fabulous, fun, Winter/Christmas stamps, so I was keen to try them out, and there's also some old favourites in here too.



I've made a pre-cut flip-flop book before, but never one from scratch. I started with a piece of A3 black card and drew it out. All of the squares are 3.5 inches (I've very old school, non of this metric mullarkey) This was the largest I could get on the card and still have an easy to see measurement. I then cut this out with my old Fiskars trimmer.



For my first layer I cut 10 pieces of blue patterned paper and gessoed the edges. These are all 3.25 inches



Then I cut 10 pieces of watercolour card into 3 inch squares. That's it now, no more measuring thank goodness!



Now for the fun part! I stamped the images from Whimsical Winter, Playful Penguins, and Frosty Friends onto the white card with Momento, and Archival inks, as I knew I wanted to water colour them and I didn't want the ink to run.



They've all been coloured with watercolour and sparkle pens, and then glittered to within an inch of their lives - well it is Christmas!


Then they've been sewn down onto the backing sheet, and some Tim Holtz Christmas stickers added.


Now it's just a question of sticking them all down!




Trying to keep them all straight and even. The cord has also been stuck down to tie it all together at the end.



So now it flips....


And it flops!



And it all ties up! If I make another one I would cut the inside layers a little shorter just to make it easier on the creases.

Don't forget this challenge is running until the end of December, 
so please join in.



All of the fab stamps can be found here.

I hope that you like my flip-flop book, and that you have a very Merry Christmas. See you again in the new year xx

Rubber Dance Stamps Used

Other 'Stuff'
A3 black card
Patterned paper
Watercolour card
Archival inks
Watercolour pens
Sparkle pens
Stickles
Tim Holtz sticker
Butchers twine

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW! Your flip-flop book is flippin' awesome, Sue! Must have been a lot of work, but looks fun to make! Love the stitching, it ads a lot of interest to each section. I wish I could see it up close, so send it to me OK? ;-) (Can't blame a girl for trying, right?) Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Bibi Lindahl said…
PS: Your comment about the metric system made me giggle. You silly old school girl, you! ;-)
Craftyfield said…
I've never done one of those! I don't like measuring (in any system!) and I would try to get dies to do the work for me. Great little book with lots of lovely Rubber Dance images.
I think this is just WONDERFUL Sue, it’s such an amazing construction and I love it very much. Oh and I totally agree with you about the measurements, metric = meh
Hugs
Donna xx
This is so cute, fun and brilliant! I love it!
Sue said…
Hey Christine, you could easily get the dies for the inside, the only measuring you would need to do is the base. I find the old Fiskars trimmer easiest for cutting 'cos you can start and stop where you like xx
Sue said…
Thanks Bibi, old school and inches rule! xx
Sue said…
Thank you Donna :-) xx
Sue said…
Thank you Melina xx
Super creative Sue a wonderful way to display all those fabulous Rubber Dance Stamped images and your colouring is fabulous beautifully painted!! This would make a delightful present for someone.. Thank you for sharing.. :)
Warm Hugs Tracey xx
Fabulous way to display and showcase the imagery Sue. Love your colouring . Tracy x
ionabunny said…
Very cool. Never seen one of these. Love. Hugz
Sue said…
Thanks so much Tracey xx
Sue said…
Thank you Tracy xx
Sue said…
Thanks Gail xx
I love this book! Thanks for sharing!
Sue said…
Thank you so much xx
Fliss said…
Fantastic flip book Sue. So much detail in there and the stamped images all look fabulous. Love it!
Fliss xx
Awesome little book! Love it 😃
Susanne Rose said…
What a lovely idea!!! This is so nice Sue!
The cube is a wonderful way to show off all those sweet image - clever!
Alison x
Sue said…
Thank you Fliss, Melina, Susanne and Alison xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button