Embossed Shimmer Sheetz - Christmas Card


Hello everyone! It's Bibi here today to share one of the many two cards I sent out this year. Yes, two.... Not that I hadn't made a bunch of cards for my quick and easy Christmas cards post earlier this month - and I had all the time in the world to write inside the cards and make envelopes, or so I thought ... But you know how fast time flies - especially in December!

Here is one of the cards I managed to send out in time:




The embossed panel is Shimmer Sheetz, which is an iridescent metallic Mylar by Elizabeth Craft Design (I'm not affiliated, just love this product!). After embossing, I altered it with alcohol inks, sanded it lightly to reveal the white core, then I added some bronze paste to the edges. I wanted to add some gold mica powder to the paste, but it flew everywhere and stuck to the alohol ink on the Shimmer Sheetz. I liked it, though - a happy accident - so I added more and set it with a fixative spray. The stamped trees are from the Whimsical Winter stamp set by Rubber Dance. I white embossed them and coloured them in with ZIG markers to match the colours of the card. I adhered the trees with some really sticky clear tabs (Power Tabs by Tombow) to raise them up from the card and make sure they stayed there.


On behalf of the crew and team here at Rubber Dance,
I wish you all a very Merry and Happy Christmas! 

♥ ♥ ♥

With Love,
beamed your way through cyber space....

♥ ♥ ♥












Comments

Wonderful card❣️ Merry Christmas
Julie S said…
Ooooo...sounds like a cool product. Your card is lovely. Merry Christmas!
Ink Art Designs said…
Happy accidents that add more shine! - sounds very Christmassy. The card is absolutely gorgeous Bibi.
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.
Dot x
Fliss said…
A really gorgeous card Bibi. The background is fabulous and the white embossed trees really pop against it.
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and thank you so much too for my happy mail as it did arrive in time for Christmas!
Fliss xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you! ♥ Yes, it sure is! :-)
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you! ♥ Glad to hear your stamps arrived in time! xx
ionabunny said…
God Jul. Gorgeous card. Love that distressed look. Ha ha xmas rebel. HUgz
Susanne Rose said…
I love that background!!! It's so beautiful and interesting!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button