Canvas Gift by Majo Wybranietz


Hello everyone, it's Majo from the Design Team here at Rubber Dance, and today I want to show you a canvas I created for a friend, just a little gift.



Rubber Dance stamps: Burlap background, Hello from Just a Note



Instructions:

I started with applying Gesso on my Canvas:





I stamped my Burlap image on a piece of sticky canvas and distressed the edges with Distress ink (walnut stain) using a foam applicator:





I stamped the sentiment on acetate, embossed it with black embossing powder and adhered it to a ticket I had in my stash:






My canvas was now dry enough to apply more gesso to add more texture, I used a heart stencil and distressed it after drying:





I found some acetate butterflies I had punched a while ago and also a metal charm. I added ring screws for the hemp twine. The hearts were cut from sticky cork. Now I just had to put it all together.....


 






Supply list:
All stamps are from Rubber Dance www.rubberdance.com

and can be found on these pages:
Backgrounds (BK2-2E: Burlap)

Sentiments (JNEN-2E: Just a Note)


Other:
Canvas

Gesso
Heart stencil
Acetate
Embossing powder

Cork
Hemp twine
Embellishments







I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial, can’t wait to see what 
you come up with!

Majo
My blog: http://majos-art.blogspot.de


To find the stamps used for this project, and many more, visit the Rubber Dance website at www.rubberdance.com. You can meet us on Facebook - come on over and say hi!

Click here to read about Majo and the other DT members.

Comments

Cataleya said…
Very beautiful project dear Majo! I think that your friend will be very happy to receive this beauty from you! :) Hugs, xoxo
~Olga Kovalchuk
Vickie Y said…
Beautiful project; great tutorial!
Anonymous said…
Nice project.
Anonymous said…
Very nice project!
Unknown said…
Love all the textures on this piece - I bet it's really tactile :).
Irit Shalom said…
Love your tutorial a lot. Great natural colors on this lovely piece

Popular posts from this blog

Tags and minitags with Textured Flowers and Carved Collection #1 by Mariken

Rubber Dance Blog Hop

Easy Face-Lift. Just add water.

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)