Mixed Media Journal Cards Tutorial
Hi my dear crafty friends. It's Susanne from the Design Team here.
Today I want to share a tutorial for these colorful mixed media journal cards. I love to use them in my Art Journal, in Mini Albums or in my Planner. I used different stamp sets from Rubber Dance plus some gelli printed deli paper.
Here are the step by step instructions:
1. Add some acrylic paint to your journal cards. Just randomly.
2. Adhere some shapes from gelli printed deli paper (sandwich paper - do not use backing paper!) with Gel Medium.
3. Add a layer of gesso and doodle into the wet gesso with a pastel pencil. Any other colored pencil will work.
4. Add some stamping. You need to use ink which is waterproof when it's dry.
5. Prepare your main images by stamping them onto deli paper. Cut them out.
6. Adhere the images with Gel Medium and make some stenciling with black gesso.
7. Add some more texture by stamping with a script stamp randomly onto your cards.
8. Set highlights with markers. I love to use uniPOSCA markers, Acrylic Markers or Pitt Artist Pens.
Finally here are some close-ups:
I hope I've inspired you to create you own mixed media journal cards.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Products from Rubber Dance:
Round in Circles
ATC Backgrounds 2
You will get a 15% discount on your next order in the Rubber Dance Online Store when you enter the coupon code "susanne2016" during checkout.