Flutterbies by butterflies

Hello Everyone Debs today here with a birthday card I made using the fabulous Butterfly Trio.



Using Vesafine I stamped the 3 butterflies and then sprinkled Embossing Glitter in 3colours and heat set it to bring out the sparkle.


You can just see it sparkle in the photo below




For the background I used my favourite medium of the moment, which is Sennelier Watercolours. I first spritzed the page with water and then loaded 
my brush with colour. As I touched the page the colour exploded onto the paper whooshing around. I love how the colours run round the page chasing each other and blending together. Of course you need to be mindful of what colours you use, as mixing any combination of primary colours will make brown. Of course if that’s the colour you want, you can mix some beautiful shades of brown, but if browns aren’t what you want, don’t mix your primary colours of red, blue, and yellow.




I dried the page thoroughly and then added black around the edges which acts as a good contrast, and helps the butterflies pop from the page. Adding flowers in plain black added some balance, and for more interest I added black dots.



Above you can see where I added some shadows to the right of the butterflies. 

I stuck the page onto a plain white card and now it’s ready to send. 

The stamps I used are Butterfly Trio and the flowers are from Beautiful You.

Take care and I’ll see you soon.

Hugs Xxx



All the stamps are available here:

Reasonable shipping, world-wide!


Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Someone's lucky to get this beauty for her birthday! :-) It's a lovely card, Debs. I know what you mean about the colours chasing one another - watercolouring like that is really fun! Love the sparkling EP you've used... I think I need some of that schtuff. Thanks for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Beautiful card! Love the colours :)
Absolutely beautiful card, Debs.
Fliss said…
This is so pretty Debs. Love the stamping on texture and the colours on the butterflies against the background colour look beautiful.
Fliss xx
Cocofolies said…
Beautiful card Debs, I love the colours you have used, very lovely! xx
Thank you Bibi, I’m in live with GEP at the moment lol xx
Thank you so much Corinne xx
Mwah thank you Shilpa xx
Ink Art Designs said…
These butterflies really do pop on the water-colour background - looove the glitter too Debs. Gorgeous card.
Dot x
These butterflies really are sooooo beautiful Debs
Hugs
Donna xx
ionabunny said…
Beautiful. I was playing with glitter ep yesterday. That glitter gets everywhere!! Love your watercolouring. Hugz
Thank you Gail, it does get everywhere I agree xx

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button