A snowy Christmas card by Donna Gray

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today with a very Wintery Christmas card for you all as I decided that I really must get started on making them!!





I made the background by masking off a circle for the moon on some thick card and then blending a mixture of purple and blue Distress Inks to create a snowy looking sky. I used the middle sized snowflake stamp from the Whimsical Winter set to add to the background and used the tree from Carved Whimsy Wood to frame the edges of the scene.

I tore some white paper to replicate the look of newly fallen snow and added that to the background. The ultra cute log cabin from Whimsical Winter was stamped onto a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media paper and coloured in with Zig Clean Colour pens as I find they blend really well together on this surface. I adhered the cabin to the background with foam pads for some extra dimension.

The finishing touches were to add a Tom Holtz metallic sentiment and some lovely glittery Stickles for the snow, smoke and frost effects.

Now I really just want to walk into that log cabin and find a roaring fire going....total bliss :)

Hope you like it
Donna xx



Stamps Used:




Comments

ingunnsinekort said…
That cabin is adorable:) Oh and that tree, say no more! I have to go praktising on scenery Thanks for the inspiration:)
Sue said…
This is really beautiful Donna, especially your snowy sky, and the trees are fabulous! xx

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi