Tag Book

Hello everyone Debs here with my guest designer piece for May. I am so enjoying myself, playing with the lovely variety of stamps Rubber Dance produce, that I thought I'd show a few off. My initial inspiration came from a FaceBook buddy (you can read more on my blog)

I have adapted the idea slightly to bring you this zigzag tag book.

 

What you will need:
Rubber Dance Stamps - Antique Botanicals,  I love leaves,  Butterfly Trio,
Ranger - Archival Ink Black
Ranger - Distress Oxide
Ranger - fine line waterbrush
Ranger - a Distress Crayon
Ranger - small chitchat stickers
Derwent - Inktense Pencils

Step 1 Stamp your choice of elements and heat dry to make waterproof. Colour with the pencil around the edges and gently bring the colour into the centers with your water brush. Blend gently where colours meet, not forgetting to be careful of making mud.



Step 2 Prepare your tags by creating interesting backgrounds. Apply your Distress Oxide in no more than 3 colours onto your craft mat. Spritz with water and swipe, tap, dab etc through the colours. Again, be careful with your colours. ( Design Tip -  brown or mud, is created when you combine any combination of the 3 primary colours).  Dry this layer, spritz again, dry, pick up more colour, dry; carry on wetting, drying, adding layers,  until you are satisfied.
 
Step 3 Make your zigzag book from a piece of A4 card. Measure the tag and makes folds where necessary. Cut to size across the bottom and snip off the rest to match the tag.

Step 4 Arrange your elements on each tag securing with glue.  Using a Distress Crayon go round the edge of each tag and then stick to the black book.
Finally add your words.

Here is each tag individually


 

Hope you enjoyed this little book as much as I did creating it
Take care
Hugsxx

 

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Oh my goodness me, this is so beautiful!! Gorgeous colours everywhere and the Oxide backgrounds are simply to die for - I wish they were edible! ;) Love the zigzag idea, and using tags - I love tags! Thank you so much, Debs!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Thank you for your lovely comment Bibi xx
Sue said…
Just beautiful Debs, I love these oxide backgrounds and the way you've arranged your images xx
Thank you so much Sue xx
Tracy said…
Oh my giddy aunt ... swooning over the colours Debs ... the detail ☆love xxx
So pretty Debs, all RD stamp sets marry together magnificently. Super mini Zig Zag book you have created. Thank you so much for such inspiration and reminding us Brits that Spring is Beautiful.. Hugs Tracey xx
This is absolutely stunning! x
Thank you for comment x
Thank you so much Tracey xx
Mwah thank you Tracy xx
Fantastic creation, well done Debs ;)
Hugs
Donna xx
Susanne Rose said…
Absolutely awesome!!! This is really beautiful Deborah!!!
Thank You Donna, hugs back xx
Thank you Susanne 😊
Absolutely gorgeous creation Deb!!Love it!!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button