Art journal with embossing technique by Asia

Hi everyone, 

Today it's time for another Technique Thursday post and I've prepared for you an art journal page with a special embossing technique which I really, really love!

 

I also  worked with piece of acetate to apply Oxide Distress inks- another of my fav techniques. The sets of stamps used for this project are/ Weed Love & Bling!Bling!, plus some single stamps for the background. So let's start:)

I used my regular art journal and 4 Distress Oxides inks. I rubbed each one of them on  a piece of acetate and  added a tiny bit of water. There is no need to add a lot of water as it will drip onto the page. 


Then I turned the acetate and placed it on the page, pressed with my fingers. By pressing with your fingers you get more control over the fact, where the colours will go. And so I repeated this proces few times, with all the four inks, drying the layers in between and then also sprinkling some water to add more oxidised effect. With the last, blue ink, I did some splatters rather then applying it with the acetate. I wanted to keep the page in green and yellow and do the blue splatters thinking about the raindrops falling on the flowers:)


Then I added some more stamping- with the same Distress Oxides:


...and with Momento Ink- London Fog- which has this lovely, misty look:) And of course all stamping was done with Rubber Dance stamps:)


The next step was to do some embossing. I stamped two biggest flowers from the stamp set- Weed Love and embossed them with Obviously Black EP. Then dried it.


Now the time for my favourite technique. I could not take a good photo of the process, as I needed two hands to work, but I will try to explain it as well as I can. So after drying the first layer of embossing powder I prepared the other EP- this time white in colour. I don't remember how the embossed flowers are called, but I know they are white on the top; hence the white EP. I opened the jar, set it aside, set my heating gun to low temperature and started drying again the flowers. That made the black EP hot and gluey and while hot,  I sprinkled with my fingers the white EP on top of the flowers. I needed to repeat this process few times, but at the end I finished with a irregular, white layer of powder on top of the flowers.


Then I added some more stamping to portray a meadow, so more flowers on the bottom of the page. On a piece of paper I stamped the sentiment to go with the page (I used black Archival Ink), then cut it out and adhered to the page with 3D foam tape. 


The last part was to add some drops with Glossy Accents and draw some borders with black pen. This is my finished page:













I used following Rubber Dance stamps:








Hope you enjoyed this tutorial:) 


See you soon!
Hugs, 

Asia

Comments

Susanne Rose said…
This is such a lovely page! Need to use my embossing powders more often!
Crafting Queen said…
Great page, lovely to see your process.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Two great looking techniques, both the acetate and the double embossing. Love the look of the white EP on top of the black EP to make the flowers look even more real! Thank you so much for sharing, Asia! ♥ ♥ ♥
Craftyfield said…
A lot of my favourite stamps on this make! It look simple but it's beautiful, Asia.
Sue said…
This is really lovely Asia, and a technique that I need to try xx
Ink Art Designs said…
The double embossing technique looks amazing! I need to give this a go.
Dot x

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button