Simplicity Sunday - A Simple Card by Dot

Welcome to Simplicity Sunday.
Today I've a very simple card to share with you.


I've used the Dancing Woman stamp as the main piece for this one.
Firstly I've blended some Iced Spruce Distress Ink onto some scrap cardstock and made sure it was thoroughly dry. I dabbed an anti-static pad over it and stamped the image with Versamark ink and then added white embossing powder.  Heating it to melt the EP.

To make the lady stand out a little more I've blended some Black Soot around the edges before cutting it out. I matted this onto white, then black card.

For the larger background I've used the Textured Flowers stamp set.  I coloured some scrap card with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, stamped some flowers and cut them out.  The background has some circles from this set randomly stamped onto the card.

To finish all you need to do is attach the centre piece and the flowers! Oh, and I added a little black shading around the lady with a black fine liner.

Tip: I've cut a couple of the flowers so that they sit on the edge of the white card.  I think this gives a lovely finish.

This card uses the colours (Lilac, Grey and Black) and theme (circles) from this month's challenge.
I hope that you like this card and have time to pop one of your creations into our challenge.

Thank you for looking.
Dot

Stamps Used:

Comments

Such a beautiful card Dot and a brilliant way of showing that a ‘simple’ card can be awesome too
Hugs
Donna xx
This is such a beautiful card Dot and so very elegant, I love it’s simplicity. I hope that you’re keeping well and happy x
Dot this is beautifully created you say it is simple but it really packs a big creative punch, with the elegant dancing woman. I love how you have introduced a touch of purple in opposite corners, very inspiring creation and I love it. Thank you for sharing.
Creative hugs Tracey xx
Wow Dot, I love this so much. I love how you have used dancing woman and the flowers set her off fabulously. A beautiful card! Hugs Debsxx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous card, Dot! Love the black shading lines around the woman, I first thought you had cut her out and those were real shadows! Thanks for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue said…
This is a real stunner Dot, the shading is fabulous, and I love the happy colour in the corners xx
Stunning card Dot💕
What a brilliant stamping technique here, Dot, love this card so much. Thank you for sharing technique.
Judy said…
wow Dot this is beautiful and such a lovely stamp as well, one of my favorites. Beautiful!!!!!!!
Susanne Rose said…
Super pretty card!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button