CASual Friday - Simple Card by Donna Gray

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today with a CAS card for you featuring my favourite little birdie who's from the Whimsical Summer stamp set.






I used a 5x7 card for this as I wanted something with a little more 'height' so birdie could have a little more room for his swing seat!!

I stamped all the images which are from the Whimsical Summer set (apart from the word) onto Strathmore Mixed Media paper, coloured them in with my beloved Zig Clean Colour pens and then fussy cut them out.

I added the cloud first which I added foam pads to the back of to give it that bit of dimension then with a black fine liner pen I drew in the 'rope' to join the swing to the cloud. I added all the other images to the card using more foam pads apart from the twig as I wanted that to sit flat.

Speaking of the twig, do you know that it's actually taken from the tree in the Whimsical Summer set but I just cut around the foliage on the tree to leave the twig....clever huh?!

As a finishing touch I added the word 'Awesome' from the Beautiful Words stamp set as I think it's pretty awesome that birdie has managed to make himself a swing hanging from a fluffy cloud ;)



Stamps Used:



Beautiful Words


Whimsical Summer



Hope you like it
Donna xx

Comments

How sweet does your wee birdy look sat there upon his swing. He's on the look out for Spring too!! Super card Donna so fresh looking.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx
Mac Mable said…
Cute and so adorable...the most perfect CAS card x
Very Pretty!! Love this card, Donna!!
Ink Art Designs said…
I love this birdie soooo much! A very clever and fun design Donna.
Love it!
Dot x
Awesome card, I love it ❣
Bibi Lindahl said…
Aww, this is such an adorable card! Great idea to use the tree trunk for a twig! Thanks for sharing, Donna! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Donna, you are the queen of C&S! xx
Susanne Rose said…
Such a lovely card!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button