Dancing Woman


Hello everyone, 
I always get so excited when it's my turn to share a project.
This time I've made a quick tutorial for you using the beautiful Dancing Woman stamp from Rubber Dance.


She is seriously one of the most feminine stamps around
and I wanted to show that side of her to you on this tag.





Firstly, I've stamped her onto tissue paper (the smooth side) with StaZon and used a water brush to gently tear away the excess tissue paper. I flipped it over and painted her dress, and flowers, with slightly watered down white acrylic paint. 





The background is made by dragging some acrylic paint (Dina Wakely Media paint in Umber) over some cardstock with an old credit card. I've swiped it in different directions.
Then I've used white acrylic paint in random areas around the edge.
It looks a little messy, but that's okay.





I then painted some gel medium, very, very carefully, onto the back of the tissue paper and onto the background where I wanted the lady to be placed. You can see that I've accidentally lost her foot. Looks like I need little disguising in that area.
I've also added some more white acrylic paint around the edge with my trusty old credit card ... then I thought that while I had the credit card all painty I may as well add some lines with it.





Using a sponge I've dabbed some more umber to tone down the white a little.  
Also to add a bit of a border.  I just kept playing with the paints ... that's the fun part.






And to finish off I've trimmed it into a tag shape, white embossed a word from the Something Wonderful set, stamped some flowers from the Antique Botanicals set onto the background and filled the blooms in with a little white paint, flicked some left over paint and edged the card with black archival and carefully blended it onto the tag.

I think she is one of the most beautiful stamps.


Stamps Used Are:

   





Other Products Used Are:
StaZon - Jet Black
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Dina Wakely Umber acrylic paint
White acrylic paint
Old credit card
sponge
tissue paper

Thank you so much for taking the time to see this tutorial.


Dot x





Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Super cool tag, Dot! Lovely background, a good way to "swipe one's credit card" more often! ;-) I agree, she is one of the most beautiful stamps. As for her missing foot, I actually didn't notice when I saw the first photo of the finished tag - the foot just seems to be hiding behind some flowers and morning mist :-)
Thank you so much for the tutorial! ♥ ♥ ♥
Craftyfield said…
I totally agree with you Dot, these Vintage collages stamps are beautiful and I love how you used the Dancing lady with the tissue paper to integrate her in the background.
Really beautiful Dot, you’ve created a tag with such a wonderful vintage feel, love it
Hugs
Donna xx
I love this so much! So beautiful❣️
Susanne Rose said…
WOW! I adore this. Thank you for sharing your steps!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button