Salty Sea Scene Tutorial


Hi folks! It's Bibi here today with a salty card tutorial. The stamps I have used are on sale right now - till 30th of July. 

For my card I let one of the new whale stamps play in the water, which I made with Distress Oxide inks
- but I'm sure you can get a similar result with any kind of water based inks (aka dye ink).





Step by step:


I smeared two colours of Distress Oxide (salty ocean, peacock feathers) on a plastic page cover
and sprayed the stripes with a bit of water:


To get the water in the middle of the card, I folded the cardstock like this
... and dipped it into the ink. 
(My keyboard in the background is not dirty, it's colourful! It's a result of using ink sprays in front of it ...)



Keep doing this and heat dry between several "dips of ink"
till you're happy with the result.



I stamped half of the whale by placing her on the side of the acrylic block
and added ink on the part I wanted to stamp:




After stamping the whale into the water, I coloured her in using markers.
I doodled some splashes of water around the whale's body and coloured them with a white pen.
I also added some white spots here and there to give more life to the water:



Time to make the sandy bottom of the sea:


I made a mask by tearing up a piece of paper,
used a foam sponge to add ink (Oxide wild honey), and sprayed it with water:



I stamped the anchor from Retro Beach so that it appears to be buried in the sand,
coloured it in, and drew the shadow with a light grey marker:



The green seaweed above is a stamp from Whale Wishes.
I also wanted some die cut seaweed on top for a bit of dimension.
I don't have any seaweed dies so I used pieces from a tree die instead.
Close enough, isn't it?

The shell behind the seaweed was stamped with brown waterproof ink, 
coloured in with markers.


I mounted my card on a sea green panel
distressed the edges with a knife
and dipped them in white acrylic paint like this:





Here is my card again,
with sentiments from Whale Whishes (blubb-blubb) 
and Retro Beach (salt sea summer fun):


I kept looking at my finished card, feeling it was lacking something ....
and then I remembered my bubble background Dinky stencil from That's Crafty!
I think these blue bubbles ties the card together:


I wish you all a lovely summer!
I have not been to the beach yet, but before long I will be playing in the sea 
- like a whale :-)


Big hugs,
Bibi
💕💕💕

The stamps I have used are from these two sets:



These stamps - and more - are on salebut only for two more days!



Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Rubber Dance said…
What a wonderful card my dear! Nice to see your work on the blog :-). Thank you for the tutorial. It's a great idea to use the tree die as seaweed. HUGS!
How cool is that! Is the whale diving or hiding? :-) I love your card and your tutorial. Thank you for sharing!
Jump in the sea and swim with the whales :-)
Big hug, Anita ♥
Mac Mable said…
Such a fun card with great techniques. Thank you for the step by step and loving the seaweed ! x
Fantastic card Bibi and I really enjoyed delving into the mind of a creative genius too ;)
Hugs
Donna xx
Julie Brooks said…
Gorgeous! Love it!
Craftyfield said…
Very creative Bibi! A great scene.
Wow! Fab tute! I've not had the desire to purchase Distress Oxide inks but these are going on my shopping list! I cannot wait to try something like this!
ionabunny said…
Gorgeous Bibi. Thanks for the great tips. Love it. Hugz
Jackie PN said…
Bibi! Thanks so much for sharing how you created this card- it is so cool!!
hugs,Jackie
Sorry I'm so late! This is a stunning piece Bibi, what a master stamper you are! I love how you created the sea, it's so effective, and makes the whole thing seem so real. Fabulous hugs xxx
Cocofolies said…
A super card and technique!!! Fantastic tutorial, I will try all this, thank you Bibi!!!!
Hugs and happy crafting to you if you have time :)
Coco xxx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! ♥

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button