My last blog post for Rubber Dance with a little different piece of art showing step by step

Hello and welcome, Anita from the Design Team here today.

It is with sorrow in my heart I have to tell you my lovely friends and followers that this is my last and final blogpost for Rubber Dance.
I have been a Design Team member for two years now, and today has my last day arrived. I must admit that I am a little sad, but I hope I will see you around both in blogland and on facebook. Fortunately, I'm not completely out of Rubber Dance. I have been invited to make contributions to the challenge of the month, both the 1st and the 15th of each month from August, so you will see my makes, but I will not have a blogpost.
These two years with Rubber Dance has been an absolutely wonderful time. Bibi, the boss is such an angel, very kind and helpful and supportive, and not to forget the rest of the team, they are such wonderful angels, each and every one of them. Some I have become better acquainted with than others, but I really think that everyone is very unique and amazing artists. I have learned so much and received so much inspiration from all of them all these years. Thank you from my heart ♥

Now, I have to stop crying and hop over to what I came here for today. To show my my latest masterpiece LoL :-)



This is a watercolour collage mix painting,  you can for example hang on your wall for decoration. I will of course frame it in and hang it on my wall, both as a memory but also as a reminder.

I was inspired by all of the beautiful Rubber Dance stamps I have been fortunate enough to receive through two years. As a tribute to Rubber Dance and to Bibi, I wanted to make something special on my last blog post, while showing many of the beautiful stamps and that they can be used in many different ways (not just cards).

It says "Dare to follow your ART". And that is my final sentence to you; Dare to follow you art. With art, life becomes complete and much easier to live. Art is forgiving and soothing.

On this piece I've used a lot of Rubber Dance stamps. Below you will find how I made this step by step:

I started by stamping different stamps on card stock, white, coloured, painted, newsprint, book pages etc.

Then I found a card stock that I've water painted on and sewn around the edge with the sewing machine.


I cut out some of the stamped images, and tore some papers, then glued them down on my watercolour paper with a glue stick


Then I used some white paint and some coloured paint (in the same colour scale as before), and a palet knife to achieve some more colour and bind it all together. I did this step several times throughout the process until I achieved exactly what I wanted.



I stamped some Textured flowers on white card stock and coloured them with Dina Wakley's Scribble sticks and water brush, then I glued them down on my piece with a glue stick.



I stamped these words; dare to and follow your ART on white card stock, cut them out and glued them down.
I also used pencils, Stabilo Aal, white pen and black pen to make some marks on my piece.

Here are some details:








All of the stamps I've used on this project you can find in Rubber Dance online shop.



Thank you so much for following me and for given me so much lovely words and feedback here on the Rubber Dance blog. You can still follow me on my own blog, I do not want to completely disappear :-)


Hugs, Anita

my blog: nitisartfromheart.blogspot.no

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much for all your kind words and this fabulous last tutorial, Anita dear ♥ Having you on the DT for these 2 whole years has been wonderful and I've learnt so much from things you have made, and from you personally. I am so happy that you will stay with us making challenge inspirations and be part of our DT group on FB! I am very grateful for all the work you have done for Rubber Dance, and I'm glad that you'll keep sharing your artwork with us!! Biiig Hugs & Lots of Love ♥
What a beautiful piece Anita and a wonderful tribute to the Rubber Dance Team. I have looked and loved your makes and look forward to staying and following your next steps. As always Thank you for sharing. Creative Hugs Tracey x
Craftyfield said…
A lovely vibrant piece Anita! You are certainly finishing your DT stint on a high... Wishing you the best in your next endeavours, crafty or not!
Jackie PN said…
I just love how you put this together Anita! So clever!!
best wishes on your next journey and thank you for all your inspiration!
hugs,Jackie
Mac Mable said…
Absolutely stunning! Lots of hard work and so worth the effort. Fun project with an amazing layout and colours. Thank you for all you inspiration today and in the past...Good luck! x
What a fabulous piece of art Anita, I really love this. I'm not saying goodbye dear because we will still have you in the group :). Hugs xxx
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Anita, the colours are amazing. I'm not saying goodbye either, I'm so glad you're still with the group xx
Thank you so much my dear friends! I really appreciate your friendly and uplifted words, both today and for the past to years ♥
Have a wonderful and creative week.
Hugs, Anita xx
Ink Art Designs said…
A wonderful tutorial to share Anita - and so happy that we still get to see your creativity each fortnight. You rock!!!!
Dot x

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button