Happiness is... Stencils and Stamps
Hello, everyone! Here's a festive card by Irit on our Design Team:
Here's how she made it:
1) Punch a circle mask and place it in the centre of a panel of white cardstock. This is where the sentiment will go (see step 6)
2) Use a stencil and add texture paste, peel stencil off, remove mask.
3) Sprinkle a mix of red, yellow and sparkle embossing powders over the wet masked texture and heat emboss it.
4) Punch a new cirle, stamp the sentiment and heat emboss with black emossing powder.
5) Make a mask over the stamped sentiment, then stamp the background text and heat emboss it with red powder. Remove mask.
6) Glue the circle with sentiment over your stencilled panel, which is adhered on a second yellow panel of cardstock, then onto a white base.
7) Add some rhinestones randomly, and your card is done:
Both stamps are from Rubber Dance: "Happiness is" from the 'Something Wonderful' sentiment set, and "Art definition" background text from the 'Da Vinci' set.
Thank you, Irit! I love those bright, happy colours - and who doesn't love texture paste, stencils and stamps? They're a match made in heaven if you ask me :-)
You can all see more of Irit's work over on her blog.
And while we're on the topic of Happiness .......