Art Journal Book ► Majo

Good morning, crafty friends.

This is my debut posting as a design team member. Some of you may remember, that I had been on the Rubber Dance Team some time ago, now I'm very excited to be back and look forward to new adventures with new stamps and new people on the team.

For my little tutorial I made a small Art Journal Book.


 I just had to use the awesome new Doodle Flowers along with a stamp from the Textured Flowers stamps set.

In case you wonder why I show you an Art Journal Book with these colors and my tutorial is with different ones, well, you know, it's the freedom of the artist and I just took advantage :)

Just a joke, I just changed my mind in between, but I will show you all.

Without further ado here we go. I used a technique which is called "Watercolor Smooshing" and it allows you to play with so many colors on top of each other.

These are the colors I stared with:
 
 
I used Watercolor Paper because it will hold up to lots of water, an acrylic stamp block, a Distress Sprayer and of course, many Distress Oxide inks. I tapped the first color onto the acrylic block, spritzed with water, smooshed my panel around a little and left it there to allow the ink to be absorbed into the paper. I dried the panel with a heat tool. This is very important, or you will end up with a muddy mess.


 I repeated these steps with the other colors, making sure again to dry each layer of ink before using the next.

I diluted the colors even more and used a brush to create the splatters. Again it is very important to dry the splatters right away to prevent the colors absorbing into the background.
 

 I stamped the flowers and also some stars and took off the color on the flowers with bleach. Now you will understand why I changed my mind and started all over. I just wanted more white on my images.




This time I decided to stamp the flowers first, heat emboss and mask them. Then I used the same steps as before and voila, much better ...
 
 The colors I used are Distress Oxides Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage and Dried Marigold.
 
 


After binding my little book, I added magnets for closure and added a little charm on the spine.


I hope you enjoyed my (little) tutorial and have as much fun with our new stamps as I had.
 
I used the following stamps:

Stars from the Textured Flowers

Happy Crafting ♥

Majo

Comments

Dotty Jo said…
Looks great! Jo x
Mac Mable said…
I so enjoyed the tutorial and thank you so much for the fabulous inspiration and what a wonderful project x.
Susanne Rose said…
This journal looks so gorgeous! I love the oxide background together with the flowers!
Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing...I love your journal
Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous journal, Majo! Thanks for sharing, and welcome back on the team! ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!