Altered Tag Box - Tutorial

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,



Confession-  I am a scrap stash hoarder. And it was piling up... I had to take action :)
I made bunch of Tags with bigger size papers and  which can be used for my future projects.
and there was empty Dove Soap box... which I wanted to upcycle!!



I removed box flaps. 
On tissue paper, I stamped text using Rubber Dance Art defined stamp and black archival ink.
And adhered it to whole box using Mod Podge glue.



I decided to use acrylic paints and as a primer, I applied white gesso to the surface using sponge. It covered some part of surface and gave beautiful texture.




I chose blue and green acrylic paints. I applied them on the box using sponge again... I love that effect.



On another paper, I applied acrylic paint (DecoArt Razzle Berry), let it dry completely.
Onto that, I stamped these beautiful hearts using Rubber Dance I heart Art stamp set and black archival ink and cut them out.



 I glued these lovely hearts on the front side of the box using foam adhesive...
and my box was ready!!



I kept the box on my table and tags in it! looks tidy :) .... no more scraps!!
Think about Recycling ... using any of your favourite Rubber Dance stamps!!



Rubber Dance Stamps:





Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Beautiful box and great idea, Shilpa! I could use a few of those to keep my half-finished tags and other scraps, those that keep piling up - or disappear on my not-so-very-tidy desk ... Love the sponging on the sides of the box, it looks really nice and it's easy to do. Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Ink Art Designs said…
What a great idea to use a Dove box this way Shilpa! I'm with Bibi - I need some of these too. Thanks for the tutorial on it.
Dot x
Craftyfield said…
Don't think you're on your own with the stash hoarding Shilpa... we all are! I love recycling to make storage for my craft supplies so this one is right up my street!
Fliss said…
A great way to store those tags Shilpa. A very bright and zingy box too. Love this idea.
Fliss xx
SD pooja said…
Beautiful upcycling of the box ! Lovedthe sponged effect and as always fresh colors :)
Lovely project! I too like to upcycle old boxes :)
Sue said…
What a great idea and a lovely project Shilpa. Extra storage is always needed here too! xx
What a fab idea Shilpa and yes I’m too sadly running out of useable room!!
Hugs
Donna xx
Susanne Rose said…
Brilliant idea Shilpa!!! I have so many tags flying arround! I need to make me such a box!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button