Last Days Of Summer by Sue

Good morning and happy Sunday. Well, I hate to say it but Summer will be drawing to a close soon. I know Autumn is very beautiful, but I do love Summer. So to celebrate all things sunny, this is what I've made.




I started by making some gelli plate prints. Way hey that's 3 times it's been out of its box now. I did have a good play around though and I've got a few for my keepies pile.

I cut myself three tags, then added further inks and gilding flakes through a stencil.


As it was all about the bees I decided to add some bees wax. It's in pellet form so I added a few to each and started to melt them with my heat gun. It looked nice but it smelled even better!



I used a stamp from the Round In Circles set and added gilding flakes, and did the same with Vintage Script.







I stamped Vintage Script and Old Book Page and die cut them.


Then stuck them to the tags along with some bright and sparkly bits and bobs.


I stamped and embossed Buzzy Bees then sprinkled them with chunky glass glitter.






Lots of white pencil too to add some contrast.


To finish off I've used a Tim Holtz die cut sentiment and some stickers, then dyed some seam binding for the tops. They've been stitched down to a huge base tag, and that's another page for my tag book completed.


All done! Thank goodness I hear you say! This was just one of those pieces though that kept on growing as it was good and wonderfully smelly fun.

Don't forget you have loads of time to join in our 'Favourite Stamp' challenge - what could be more fun than using your favourites.

Enjoy what's left of the Summer, and thanks very much for looking x


Supplies List
Rubber Dance Stamps
Buzzy Bees
Round In Circles
Old Book Page
Vintage Script

Other 'stuff'
Bees wax
Black and white card
Gelli plate prints
Gilding Flakes
Distress Inks
Die Cuts
White pen and pencil
Thread






Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
My goodness me, this is so beautiful!!! I wish I could smell it, too ;-) I have enjoyed reading about the process and looking at the photos over and over again. Absolutely stunning, Sue!! Thank you so much for sharing with us! ♥ ♥ ♥
Craftyfield said…
You can give me summer anytime, Sue... especially when it's so full of lovely details!
Ink Art Designs said…
Oh I looove the smell of bees wax! Love these tags ...
Dot x
This is so stunning! Love everything about it ❤️
Beautiful Sue, love your tags, and a lovely reminder of summer. Hugs Debsxx
Julie S said…
Gorgeous tags, Sue! Mmmmm...I can almost smell the beeswax... ;)
Jane said…
These are so gorgeous Sue...I know what you mean about the Gelly Plate...mine has only had 1 go so far! The addition of the wax is inspired. The weather this weekend though still has a summer feel thank goodness! xxx
This is stunning Sue, so true to nature and a reminder of the Bees importance to us all. Summer time will be here again before we know it.. Hugs Tracey xx
I absolutely love this Sue, the textures are amazing and I could happily buzz around it for hours :)
Hugs
Donna xx
Henry said…
I just LOVE all your stunning tags, Sue!!! You did an amazing job!!! Keep sharing:)
Henry
Susanne Rose said…
What a fab idea!!! I love that. Brilliant texture.
Beautiful tags, Sue. You have created lovely backgrounds for those cute bees. Thanks for sharing the process
Simply fabulous triptych capturing the last rays of summer sunshine - the bees look brilliant against the backgrounds.
Alison x
These tags is absolutley stunning, Sue! I love them, and I wish it was me who have made them LoL
Thank you so much for your step by step. I wish you a wonderful and creative weekend.
Hugs, Anita xx
ionabunny said…
Gorgeoous tags sue. Love all the layers and textures. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button