Make Postcards with a few Easy Steps


Hello my dear crafty friends! It's Irit on the DT here. Welcome to my new Rubber Dance post.

You may have seen some previous posts about how to decoate envelopes with the new stamp set called Envelope Stamps. Today I want to show you how to use them to make some quick and easy Postcards!

So here is how I made mine:

Products used:
Rubber Dance stamps: Dancing Woman and Violin player from Women collage set - for the front of my postcards.  Love as a sentiment from ArtyHearty set, and  Envelope stamps for the back of my postcards.

Step by step instructions:
1. Cover two postcard sized white thick cardstock pieces with torn paper leftovers as shown (these will work as masks). Stamp the images with black pigmented ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.



2. Using a few shades of natural/brownish distress inks, color the inside of the masks as shown.


3. Remove the torn paper masks and this is your postcard front.


4. Stamp the word LOVE over each card and ink the edges.




5. Now make your template as we want the back of the post card to look real.
I made some measurements here just to show you:


6. Use the marked piece as your template and just draw the upper long line and a few short ones on the right with fine black marker.
Now stamp the POST CARD title, the Air Mail sign, the stamp and the post cancellation  sign and add one more Air mail stamp on the bottom.

This is a real post card here! If you want to mail it, just remember to use a real postal stamp in addition to the stamped ones ...



I hope you loved my quick tutorial and will make your own easy and fancy Mail Art Postcards!

Irit



All stamps used in my post today can be found right here: www.rubberdance.com


This is the new set of rubber stamps - actual size is 13 x 18 cm (5 x 7 inches):




Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Irit! I love making postcards and these gave me a few new ideas!

Jane said…
Great postcards...I love this set and it is at the top of my wish list to buy ;0) x
ionabunny said…
Love how you masked to leave the white border. These stamps look lovely with the natural colours. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button