Dare to dream a little dream ... Canvas by Majo


Hi everybody, it's Majo again to share with you a canvas card I created with my MOST favorite stamp from the Da Vinci Set.


Let me show you how I made this ...

I started with these items:


I cut a piece of 4 x" of sticky canvas and applied some white Gesso. I didn't go all the way to the edges since the canvas will take colour better without the Gesso. I coloured with Gelatos in Salmon, Yellow and Green.



This is what it looks like when you water it down:


I sprinkled some salt to add texture, with the salt still on:


.... and brushed off:


While it tried I distressed the edges ...


 And that's when I stared goofing. I tried to add embossing paste with my Tim Holtz stencil and didn't realize that it wouldn't stick to my Gelato background :(

Ok, no harm done, I just washed it off, dried it again and used Peeled Paint Distress ink. (Sorry, no picture, too excited by my mistake)


I stamped my image on tissue and adhered it to the side of my canvas with just a bit of white Gesso underneath. I stamped my sentiment from the brand new "Affirmation" set and added it to my card.


A black panel underneath and glued to Soft Suede card stock. Ready :)

 

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial. Make sure you stop over at the shop to look at all the beautiful new sets available ... also Christmas sets are available, also all new :)

Happy crafting ♥

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Majo! Lovely, lovely! How cool to use canvas on a card! I've never tried that sticky canvas stuff... looks like a must have! :)

Craftyfield said…
Love the canvas texture, it's like a miniature painting rather than a card. Gorgeous!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button