Christmas Post Cards by Susanne

Hi my dear crafty Christmas friends!

Today I'd like to show you two Christmas post cards with the brand new August release from Rubber Dance. I'm very happy stamping with these images, 'cause these are my drawings. It was a very special moment stamping the first time with my own designs. And I am so glad, that Bibi liked them and let them become Rubber Dance stamps.
Let's talk about the postcards now:


I used Frosty from the "Frosty Friends" set, as well as the snowflakes and a sentiment stamp from the "Winter Wonderland" set. The backside is created with the July "Envelope  Stamps" from Rubber Dance.

I stamped the snowman on a piece of watercolor paper with jet black Archival Ink. I used a heavy weight paper. Next step was coloring the background with Distress Ink "tumbled glas" and the ink blending tool.

I used the same color for the snowman as well as Distress Ink "barn door", "spiced marmalade", "walnut stain" and "black soot". When I'm coloring with Distress Inks I use a watertank brush. I press the lid of my closed ink pad and when I open it up some of the ink is on the inside of the lid. That's where I dip my brush in. To get some darker areas I use the Distress Ink Markers directly on the paper. The snowflakes are also stamped with "tumbled glas". I draw a frame with a black PITT Artist Pen.

This postcard is colored with Distress Ink "peeled paint" and "walnut stain". I stamped the fir cones with "peeled paint" as well. I always stamped the images twice before I reinked the stamps. The remaining ink after the first impression gives a lighter second image. This adds some dimension. I also masked the image in the foreground to get the others laying behind.

These kind of cards are very easy to create and they are so useful during Christmas time. I'm sure I'll do some more. Hopefully you like them and believe me, it's never too early to start Christmas card making!

Best wishes and happy crafting, Susanne.

Stamp sets from Rubber Dance:
Frosty Friends
Winter Wonderland
Envelope Stamps



Comments

Majo said…
Beautiful Wintercards, dear Susanne!
Bibi Lindahl said…
I agree! So beautiful! I absolutely LOVE the stamps you have drawn for me, Susanne. Such wonderful details and shadowings on the stamps, makes them super easy to use and colour in. Thank you once again! ♥ (I know I've said it before, but I am SO grateful for your stamp designs!!) Lovely postcards. Danke!
♥♥♥
Unknown said…
Awesome!!!!!!!!
Gerrina said…
They both look so beautiful!
Jane said…
These are gorgeous Susanne you should be so proud of your designs....such talent! x
Artatag said…
Great design Susanne! Love your cards!
Beautiful postcards, Suzz! Your stamp designs are just awesome!
Craftyfield said…
Both beautiful! Love the soft backgrounds and the postcard format.
Susanne Rose said…
Thank you so much for your lovely comments!
Unknown said…
Congratulations Susanne - I bet it is very special to create with your very own creations!!! I just have to say... I am not ready to even see these yet but.... if I must look - I love looking at yours - they make me smile - really wonderful - Frosty is sooo adorable and your deer looks very content. FABULOUS! j.
Beautiful design, Susanne! I have the pleasure of owning the Frosty friends and Winter wonderland stamps also and they are absolutely gorgeous.
Karen Petitt said…
Oh dear more stamps I want! I am going to have to have a word with DH as I already spent my pennies this month on more MM supplies! I love, love, love the postcard and the snowman is so cute too! TFS Karen x
ionabunny said…
Wonderful cards. I love that happy snowman. These are such lovely stamps. Congrats. HUgz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button