Bibi's CAS Challenge ART Cards


Hello everyone! Bibi here with some CAS cards that I made for the current CASology challenge. I had meant to make only one card, but while I was working on the first one, two more ideas emerged...  I've obviously been smitten and bitten by the CAS bug!

For the second time this summer, Rubber Dance is sponsoring CASology - a challenge blog that is all about Clean And Simple (CAS). Their challenge's theme this week is ART, and you'll see my art CAS card below - but first, I'll let CASology introduce themselves: 





Welcome to CASology!

Each week, we'll study clean and simple design using a cue word as our inspiration.  The design team will share their CAS creations and a little bit about their designs to inspire you to create a clean and simple card of your own!



  


Weekly challenges begin Tuesday mornings.
  1. Interpret the word on the weekly cue card however you'd like!  This is about creativity!
  2. Link up your *new* creation (card, tag, scrapbook layout, etc.) here on the CASology blog.
  3. Please add a link back to us on your blog post when submitting your creation.
  4. Please feel free to combine this challenge with other challenges.
  5. Be creative.
  6. Keep it simple.
  7. Have fun!
All submissions are due Mondays at noon, CST/CDT.
(That's 19:00 in Scandinavia and continental Europe, 18:00 in the UK)


For my first ART challenge card, I wanted to use Rubber Dance Mona Lisa stamp and place her into a frame: 


 

The die cut frame (Elizabeth Craft Design) is raised up from the rest of the card, using small pop dots. Mona Lisa is embossed with an old EP from PSX called Verdigris. It smells Divine!! If anyone knows where I can get a hold of those ancient PSX EP's, please let me know. My decades old container of Verdigris is nearly empty, and the smell of this brand brings back some good stamping memories from way back when.


For my second ART challenge card, I wanted to use embossing powders in different colours: Black on the handle and brush, red on the tip of the brush, and silver on the metal part between the brush and the handle. Stamps from Rubber Dance Artist Plate:


Pretty cool, right? Just make sure you pour the EP back in the right container when working with several colours at once!


I tried to get the black EP out of the red one with a tea spoon, only to create a crater into which the black EP ran... so I gave up and just stirred it into the red powder.

For my second ART challenge card, I wanted to see how CAS I could stretch myself ... One word, a few colours and a black frame under the raised panel. I think it looks OK, but I don't know if I would send it to anyone... unless I knew for certain that they were into CAS cards! The stamped letters are from Rubber Dance Alphabet Uno.





Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below. Thank you!

If you haven't done so already, do pop over to the CASology blog and see all the beautiful cards that their creative team has made - some of them with Rubber Dance stamps! I'm so thrilled!! BIG thanks to the CAS team who've done such a great job. *mmmmwwah!*

I'll be back with another CAS card (or two, or three, or ...) in a couple of weeks when I sponsor CASology once more. See you then!



XOX,
Bibi




If you want to see my two previous CASology challenge cards, there is one here (Sunshine) and one here (Masculine). Yup, only two so far - I'm new at this, but lovin' it!

Comments

Mac Mable said…
Fabulous CAS cards. Laughed about the black embossing powder going into the red pot....I can relate to this! Looking forward to more CAS cards x
Kristiina said…
I don't know about the smell, but I have Verdigris from WOW, and it looks very much the same! Lovely cards!
Jane said…
They are great Bibbi especially the paintbrush one. The thing I often do when busy is I dip my paint brush into my cup of tea...LOL. Great CAS cards xx
Joyce said…
All of your cards are really wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology and for being our sponsor as well.
Craftyfield said…
Ah! Ah! A new convert to CAS... It's not that difficult, is it? You're doing great, keep it up! I might join the challenge, time permitting.
Lindsey said…
What a fabulous trio of cards. Your photo of the embossing powders is one of many reasons I rarely attempt multiple colours at once — the card turned out perfectly, though! And you could send that last card to ANY of the CASology team. ;)
ionabunny said…
Love these Bibi. That verdigris is lovely and the paint brish looks so real and dimensional. Great CAS cards. Hugz
ionabunny said…
Ahhh, that would be paint brush......... Hugz
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much for your comments, each and every one of you darling peeps!
Very much appreciated *mmmwwah!*
Anna Ekman said…
Great cards, I really like the embossed card.
Jacquie Southas said…
Terrific cards, Bibi! I really love the rainbow ART :)

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!