Interview with DT Member Gail

Les intervjuet på norsk her. (Interview in Norwegian)


Name: Gail Tasker aka ionabunny
Location: Sandnes, Norway
Occupation: I have rabbits, chickens and a big garden.  And I craft.


How long have you been stamping and what made you start?
About 15 years ago I started some evening classes of mixed crafts and one of the things we did was stampingThat was the start of my obsession....

How do you improve your skills and/or learn new techniques? 
Practice, practice, practice.  I think joining challenges is a great inspiration and when you look at how other people have tackled the same challenge it gives you new ideas and perspectives.  I always check out unusual projects that catch my eye and love to pick up tips on improvising and using supplies in unusual ways.

How would you describe your style?
I describe my style as often simple, rarely clean and I love mixed media.

What do you make the most often? 
Cards, tags and ATC's.

Which materials/products do you frequently use?  
Black archival for stamping, distress inks and a waterbrush.


How often do you make something?
 I like to create everyday if I have the time.  


Where do you buy the supplies you need? 
Online mostly.  Craft shops are few and far between here.   I like Hjerteboden and AnMa in Norway.  In the UK some I use are Cuddly Buddly, The Craft Barn, Country View Crafts and Crafts U Love.


Are there any particular stampers you would like to meet? Tell us whom and why.
I'd love to meet Bibi and the other Rubber Dance DT ladies.  We could stamp up a storm.  And eat cake.  There should always be cake. 

 
I've been a member of the Rubber Dance design team since August 2015 
It's fabulous being part of such a wonderful and supportive team and being able to make fun and exciting things with Rubber Dance stamps.  I hope that you find some inspiration in the things I share.  Hugz

Here are some of the things I have made with stamps from Rubber Dance:   










All stamps are available at the Rubber Dance shop

Comments

Very nice to read the interview of you, Gail. Just like I get a little better acquainted with you, and it is exciting to read what you are inspired by. I love your artwork and I am very proud and happy that I am in the same gang as you :-)
Hugs, Anita ♥
Mac Mable said…
I have always admired your creations and always get inspired by them. Thank you for sharing with us and enjoyed the 'interview' x
Craftyfield said…
The interview is a great idea! Of course I know Gail a bit (online)... and I actually remember some of the creations shown on this post. But I did learn today that we are frequenting the same British craft shops!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Nice to read about you, Gail! Thanks for the links to where you shop - several places I didn't know of. Of course we have to eat cake! Lots of cake. Stamp, too, if there is time after we have had cake(s) ....
Love your clock, and I just have to look up to SEE it! Lucky me who has it hanging here in my studio, and lucky me who have you on my Design Team! ♥
Darnell said…
Great interview, Gail! And I loved seeing your gallery of fantastic RDS cards!! Hugs, Darnell

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!