Easel Card With Textured Flowers

Hello.  Welcome.  Gail from the design team here today with a project using the new Textured Flowers stamps.  I loved these the moment I saw them.  Big beautiful blooms.  And many smaller stamps for adding leaves and texture.  

I decided to make a Twisted Easel Card.  There are many tutorials available but I used this one by Lois.  So here's my card using Textured Flowers and of course, a giraffe..........



I was inspired by the Rubber Dance challenge colours which for June are:



I stamped the large simple daisy, masked and stamped two more. 



I added the giraffe from African Animals.  I think I'll call her Daisy.



I thought it looked a bit empty so I stamped more daisies......



and coloured with distress and dye inks. 



I stamped and embossed three of the doodled flowers and the giraffe, fussy cut and added them to my panel.  I used brads and a Cheery Lynn die cut for the flower centers.  I also doodled a little faux stitching around the edge.



I mounted the panel on my easel base and decorated inside the card.



I used one of the doodle flowers for my 'stop'.  I cut some of the petals off and added them to the top for more dimension.  




If you want to shop at Rubber Dance Stamps you can get 
15% off with my code gail2016

Thanks for dropping by.  Hugz

Visit my blog

Daisy is going too join the fun at
Stamping Sensations - Feature a Creature 
MFP Stamps Challenge 25 - Twisted Easel Card 
Penny Black and More Challenge - Flower Power 
Allsorts Challenge Week 368 - How Does Your Garden Grow 

Comments

Majo said…
Beautiful card, beautiful flowers :)
What a CUTE card! That giraffe looks so adorable there. lol. Thanks for joining us at MFP Stamps Challenge!
Pam
MFPSC DT
Mac Mable said…
Such a pretty card, loving the daisy's and daisy the giraffe. Gorgeous colours and layout x
Gerrina said…
Looks so great and colourfull!
susiestacey said…
Lovely card, thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x
Vickie Y said…
Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge
Craftyfield said…
A lovely card Gail, Daisy looks cute as ever peeping over the blooms!
Ellibelle said…
A beautiful creation and wonderful color choices. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!
A fun and a colorful easel card. Hugs, Susan
Shirley said…
A lovely step by step tutorial of your beautiful card Gail. I love the gorgeous colour combination and the cute Giraffe too.
Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

Shirley
Viv said…
A great card and a terrific tutorial! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!
brenda said…
A super creation for our themes this month Gail, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x
Super fun card, Gail :) I love those flowers and the giraffe!
Hugs, Anita
susiestacey said…
Just revisiting your lovely card to add to my previous comment...
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More ' Flower Power' challenge and good luck x Susan x
Bibi Lindahl said…
Abs fab card! Love how the giraffe peeks up from behind the flowers :)) So cute!!
Thank you for the step by step. Lovely masking going on there!
*mmwwwah!*

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button