Tag with a Grungy Butterfly by Evelyn

Hello lovely Rubber Dancer, it´s Evelyn here today!
I am sitting in front of my caravan while writing this post. I´m in my holidays in Italy and - call me crazy - I have brought some of my art supplies with me. So I can spend some time in the morning, before I go to the beach, and some time in the evening, creating lovely things 😋😉😊.

This time I made a tag with one of the gorgeous Grungy Butterflies. I really love them and want to use them all the time!



I started with a tag and glued down snippets of old book pages and a lot of diecut gears. Then I added white Gesso and white crackle paint and let it dry.

I sprinkled the Magicals from the Industrial Chic set, starting with the lightest color, and spritzed carefully with water. So I added one after the other color. When the colors were dry, I dabbed white Gesso onto some parts of the colored tag to lighten it up.

Next I stamped the beautiful Grungy Butterflies with black ink, colored them with acrylic paints and gave the big one a coat of glitter with a clear Wink of Stella brush pen.  Then I fussy cut them. In the end I only used the big butterfly.








Now I stamped the Mix a Sentiment stamp randomly over the tag.

To enhance the structure, I rubbed golden wax over the gears. 


For the words I needed, I stamped the Mix a Sentiment stamp on white cardstock, colored the words I wanted to use and cut them out.

I put some brads in the tag and wrapped some rusty wire around.

Now some black and white splatters...

...and then it was time to put everything together. I colored some lace and distressed a piece of cheesecloth before I glued it down with the beautiful butterfly. Now I only had to glue down the words, do some shading, add some glitter here and there, frame the tag with black ink - and it was ready!


Well, now I will enjoy my last days of holidays and I hope you like my tag!

Oh, and don´t forget about our challenge, there is still time to join in with!  Facebook Rubber Dance Stamping Lounge

Bild könnte enthalten: im Freien
Stamps I used:
Grungy Butterflies

Mix a Sentiment

Comments

ionabunny said…
Hope you are having a fabulous holiday. Love the grungy texture to your tag and the butterfly is so beautiful. Hugz
ingunnsinekort said…
Would be far more crazy to leve home without som art suply:) Love the tag with all that interest on the background and the beautiful butterflyes!
Susanne Rose said…
Brilliant! This tag is just gorgeous and I enjoyed the tutorial!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!