Believe in Yourself Mixed Media Card

Good Day All,  I'm Suzi and it's my honour to be Guest Designer for the month of May.  I'm super excited to share with you my first project using the gorgeous Beautiful You Stamp set.

Here's my card

Here's how I made it;

First of all I created my background paper, using some texture plates, wax resist crayons and Inktense Blocks

Once my background was dry, I selected an area I liked and trimmed it down to fit a 5 x 7 in card front, I trimmed it to 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 as I wanted to add a layer of coloured card between this and the card blank.

I stamped my image using Midnight Blue Stazon Ink

Then I coloured my image with Inktense Pencils

Next I decided to add some contrast to the background paper, stamping the sentiment a few times, and adding some stripes of ink across the center of the card

I layered my background onto some dark orange card stock and added some cotton thread around the center for added texture.

I inked the edges of my image before adding it to  the background with foam pads for dimension

To finish my project I added it to a 5 x 7 white card blank.


I hope you like my card, and have enjoyed seeing how it was created.  I had great fun colouring this beautiful image and creating a bespoke background to go with her.

That's all from me for today
Bye for now
Suzi

Comments

Fabulous Suzi, love how you have used the stamp, 😊 Debs
Susanne Rose said…
Happy you joined us this month Suzi!!! Your card is just wonderful!!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Back from The Netherlands

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi