Believe in Magic - a Funny Fungi Postcard


Hello, my crafty friends!  Mary here as guest designer for April, showing you how I made this cute postcard using the Rubber Dance Funny Fungi stamp.


I started with a 4x6 inch piece of Bristol paper, and splotched blue and green high flow acrylics and water down, spreading it all around with my fingers, trying to leave, some white space (still working on that! ).  Then, I painted on white acrylic paint, placed a stencil over the wet paint, and then rubbed through the stencil with a baby wipe to remove some of the wet paint.  I did that same technique with yellow paint.  I made sure it was all dried thoroughly.


I grabbed another stencil with thin lines and sponged on dark blue acrylic paint with a makeup sponge.  For a little added texture, I inked a newsprint stamp with light gray ink and stamped the whole background. Then I splattered dark blue and white paint on top of it all.


While I made sure the background was dry, I started on these awesome Funky Fungi that I stamped on Bristol paper with waterproof ink.  I colored them with watercolor pens in pink, red, yellow and orange. I fussy cut them out, glued them down, and added some "shine" marks with white paint pen on the mushrooms and dark blue stenciled areas.  I also put down jewel drops on the orange dots on the left mushroom and then sprinkled super fine glitter overtop of the wet drops.   I edged the postcard in blue Distress ink and then picked out a sentiment.


I picked out "Believe in Magic", which I think goes very well with a mushroom postcard.  :)  I put some awesome cork ribbon under the quote sticker and glued I all down. 



I hope that you like this postcard and want to create one for yourself! 

Supply List:

Bristol Paper 4x6 inches, white
Golden High Flow Acrylics- Flourescent Green, Green Gold, Teal
DecoArt Acrylic Titanium White and Primary Yellow
Dina Wakely Media- Night
Stencils- Tim Holtz, Prima, The Crafter's Workshop
Baby Wipes
Posca Paint Pens- white and black
Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers
HeroArts Newspaper Background Stamp
Ranger Archival Ink- Shadow Gray
7 Dots Studio Quote Sticker
Distress Oxide Ink- Blueprint Sketch
Nuvo Jewel Drops- Grey Mist
Cork Ribbon
Martha Stewart Fine Glitter- White
Funny Fungi Stamp

Find me on social media with this link: http://instabio.cc/Motleymixedmedia   



Comments

Susanne Rose said…
WOW! This is so amazing! Love all the colours!
ionabunny said…
Beautifully bright and fun. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!