Easter Card, Distress Oxides and Crayons, Dot


Hi everyone, Dot here.  Today I've made an Easter card for you. 

Easter seems to be sneaking up on us so I thought it might be nice to use some eggs.


The eggs, swirls and spots are from 'Gather Together' stamp set and the 
feather is from the 'Birdies' set.
The background was simply made by swiping card through Distress Oxide ink's on a craft sheet. Some stamping with oxides and a little white gel pen to finish off with.

The eggs on the other hand are stamped with Distress Crayons!
This is a super fun way to stamp and
these eggs were ideal for this technique.




Here is a closer look at the eggs.
I chose to use 3 shades of blue crayons and then around the edge I added
some dark brown crayon.
They've been left plain because to me they looked beautiful just the way they are.


The Gather Together stamp set took me by surprise when I had a real close look at it.
The flourish is absolutely GORGEOUS!
And there are some little gems of stamps in the set also.  But that happens all the time with Rubber Dance stamps - there are always those little extras in the sets.

Stamps used today are:

        


There is still a couple of days for you to join in our challenge over on facebook.

No photo description available.

Happy Stamping!
Dot x

Comments

ingunnsinekort said…
A great ide to use the feater together with the egg:) Gorgeous colors and background!
Fabulous!! Love those eggs! :D
ionabunny said…
Those eggs look amazing Dot. I haven't ever felt the need for distress crayons, now I want to give em a go. The feather and swirl background rocks. Love this. Hugz
Mac Mable said…
Stunning and so very eye catching. Love the blue tones and those eggs look amazing x.

Popular posts from this blog

New Stamps Release Sale!

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

I Wish I Could Art Journal - by Bibi

Back from The Netherlands