Vintage MDF Shrine Tutorial by Bibi


Happy Valentine's Day! On this very romantic day of the year, my shrine is dedicated to love and I gave it to my sweetheart this morning:



 


I used this shrine kit from That's Crafty:



Step by step instructions:

Step 1: 
I painted all the parts with a dark brown paint,
before adding a thick layer of white crackle texture paste.
I wiped the paste off the parts that later will be glued together:





Step 2 & 3: 
2: Leave the crakle paste to dry completely,
before rubbing dark brown paint into the many cracks. Wipe the excess off.
3: Rub some light pink and blue paint onto all the surfaces:




Step 4:
The parts are now ready to be stamped!
I've used Vintage Script, Grungy Harlequin, and some round digits from Pick a Number.






Step 5:

Because of the crackle effect, some areas may be too "bumpy" to get a good impression when you stamp. You can stamp some images on tissue paper instead, cut out close to the edge and adhere.

Paper doll stamp from Collage Elements.


This stamp is part of Nostalgic Couple.



Step 6:
Glue all the parts together. This was so much easier than I had feared.
I used Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive from That's Crafty,
which dries clear, fast and permanently. 


Step 7:
Embellish the shrine to your heart's desire!

The cogs may be rusty, but they still make our love tick ...
Altered with various texture paste.



Crackled heart, more cogs, lace ribbon and gold embossed grid.


Altered metal corner and some gauze I had dyed.

Gauze is easy to dye with acrylic paint.


More hearts and torn gauze.



The small bottles are Corked Vials from Tim Holtz. I filled them with glitter and glass beads,
printed out the labels and made a little shelf out of cardboard for the top row:

The words on my bottles are some of the ingredients I think are important in a loving relationship.



So, there you have it - a shrine to love:


What do you think?
Please let me know in the comments below.


Stampes used (all from Rubber Dance):

digits from Pick a Number, Paper doll stamp from Collage Elements

Other Supplies:

That's Crafty: Shrine Kit, Multi Purpose Craft Adhesive, Multi Surface Paint.
Prima: Finnabair White Crackle Texture Paste, Patina and Rust Effect Paste.
Tim Holtz: Corked Vials.
Various embellishments from my stash.


Thank you for stopping by!


With Love,
Bibi
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥



Have you seen our February Sale?
You can find it in the Rubber Dance web shop here.





Comments

Noooooooo way!!! WOW I’m speechless what a creation!!! Oh Bibi you’ve well and truly owned this Valentines Day ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
Hugs
Donna xx
ionabunny said…
You have been busy. A true labour of love. Gorgeous. Hugz
Katie said…
This is amazing
Sue said…
This is so beautiful Bibi, so much work but so worth it! xx
Craftyfield said…
Gorgeous, Bibi! Like an apothecary shelves... Lucky Valentine, mine is only getting a card!
Such a beautifully created piece of Art Bibi. Gorgeous texture and colours, and love all the fabulous attributes to a successful loving relationship. I love it xx
Beautiful creation Bibi ❤️
Suman Pandit said…
amazing creation Bibi,love those distressed hearts the most :)
This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Bibi! What a wonderful gift to Your beloved. I see that you give him respect and forgivness, among other Things, If this is not true love, I do not know what that is. And not to mention the box itself, absolutely beautiful colors and combinations and bits and pieces.
Brilliant idea and excelent work. I love your creation!
Thank you for sharing!
Hugs, Anita xxx
Ink Art Designs said…
What a great gift of love to give. Each piece full of meaning. The rusty cogs made me smile too.
Totally gorgeous Bibi.
Dot x
Total Gorgeousness!! I am stunned ...!!!
I would love to see more of this kind work from you Bibi!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you SO much for all your kind words, lovely people! ♥ ♥ ♥
Susanne Rose said…
This is so stunning!!! I don't have words. It's just brilliant!

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!