Wish You Were Here

Good morning, it's Sue here sharing a project with my new favourite stamp (they're all my favourites really).



I was lucky enough to visit Venice for my 50th birthday and I loved it. It was this time of year (my birthday's on the 13th hint hint) and the weather was beautiful!




I stamped Venezia onto some watercolour card using my stamp press. I find this really useful when using watercolour card as it can be hard to get a good impression the first time. Then I grated some cheap as chips wax crayons over the top.



Isn't this the cutest iron you've ever seen? I put a piece of parchment over the wax shavings and gave it a good iron.


I just kept grating and ironing until I was happy with the colours.



For the background, I stamped Vintage Postcard a few times and coloured it with Distress Oxides. There's also the Carte Postale from La Mappa,



And there we are, all done. This is the most fun I've ever had ironing! It just shows that you don't always have to use the latest 'whatever' sometimes a pack of kiddies crayons is all you need.
Have a great day and thanks very much for looking.

Supplies
Rubber Dance Stamps
La Mappa
Vintage Postcard
Venezia

Other 'Stuff'
Watercolour card
Distress Oxides
Wax Crayons
Frantage
Old Postage Stamp



Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Oh wow! I love this vintage background you've created! It makes the main image pop out so well! Brilliant work Sue!
Marjeta said…
Great card. Love the backround with Crayons.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous card and such a fun looking technique, Sue! I have to try this!! The very vintage looking background card is really beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing - and happy birthday very soon! ♥ ♥ ♥
Sue this is fab love how you have used crayons, so effective and replicates spots of oils. How romantic to have visited Venice .. Not long to wait till the next one :))
Hugs Tracey xx
Fliss said…
This is stunning Sue. The background is fabulous and love the way you made the postcard background. Love the image too and Venice is a favourite of mine.
Fliss xx
I love this Sue, really atmospheric and wow what a great 50th birthday visit to Venice as well :)
Hugs
Donna xx
aussie aNNie said…
Fabulous technique Sue, may try this with the crayon shavings. Oh if only a trip to France, Venice and anywhere like that....love my country but there is a big wide world out there...xx
Mac Mable said…
What a great idea, thank you so much fro the inspiration. Fabulous project x
Great technique, must get out the old crayons and give it a go. Happy crafting, Angela xXx
Sue said…
Thank you Susanne xx
Sue said…
Thank you Bibi xx
Sue said…
Thank you Tracey, only 2 days to go, (and only 2 more years to the next big one) eek! xx
Sue said…
Thank you Fliss, I really do want to go back to Venice, maybe in a couple of years ;-) xx
Sue said…
Thank you Donna, it was a wonderful trip xx
Sue said…
Thank you Annie, I would love to visit Australia one day too xx
Sue said…
Thanks Angela, the cheaper the crayons the better! xx
ionabunny said…
Fab. Love that colouring technique. Hugz
Ink Art Designs said…
Great technique Sue - I could learn to love ironing doing this. How cute is that iron too!
Dot x
Cocofolies said…
Oh, fabulous!!!
I love this, very beautiful scene and combination, and a great way of stamping and adding colors using cheap wax crayons... Thank you Sue, and....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you my friend!!!!!! :D xxx
Great technique with the crayons and that Venezia stamp is gorgeous. Love how you layered it over the vintage postcard.
Alison x

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button