Butterfly Trio by Dot Leathbridge


I've been so inspired by the beautiful tags that I see that I've decided to turn my new journal book (it's only a small one) into a tag book.  The idea is to have a journal of new ideas and different techniques without having to make a major project.
And there is no time like the present to start it off. 

My inspiration for this tag comes through the Butterfly Trio stamp set.
I love how there are the different sizes and you can colour them any way that you want to.



The background is made after watching a you-tube video by Melina Dahl on using the Gelli-plate with Distress Oxides.
(thanks Melina)
The butterflies were simply stamped onto a scrap piece of Distress Oxide background and cut out.



A little extra stamping with oxides using the Round In Circles, A Little Birdie and Merry Magpie finished off the background.
And the words are from the Something Wonderful set.  I love how uplifting the words are.

I think that you can make a really effective tag just by using up your scrap card, or experiments, and adding some beautiful stamps over the top.

Oh - and a tip - when your matting may not be quite as straight as you like,
 then just add some stitching with a white gel pen, it's a great camouflage ;) 


The Rubber Dance Stamps that I've used for this tag are:


Other products are:
gelli- plate
oxides
acrylic paint for splatters and dots
white gel pen



That's one tag down ... now onto the next one!

Thank you for stopping by
Dot x

Comments

This tag is SO beautiful, Dot! I love Your background and these butterflies is absolutley gorgeous. Thank you for showing you tag and the reminder of the Distress Oxide technique. Great idea to use a art journal for a tag book. I have a lots of tags laying around, maybe I should gather them in a art journal.
Hugs, Anita xx
Sue said…
I love this Dot, what a beautiful background, and thanks for the tip about disguising wonky matting, though wonky is the new straight! Have a fun weekend xx
ionabunny said…
Beautifil. Love the soft pinks and blues and the lovely background. Love it. Hugz
Fliss said…
An absolutely gorgeous tag Dot! The background is amazing and the beautiful butterflies really pop against it.
Fliss xx
That is a Stunning tag my friend! So happy you found inspiration in my video 😊 Hugs
I love this tag, the butterflies, the colour palette.....everything ❤️❤️❤️
Hugs
Donna xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Gorgeous tag, Dot! Great idea to make a tag technique journal! Love the background you made, and these butterflies are always so beautiful, both with and without colouring, and stamping them on a scrap piece with inks like this looks really nice! I love hearing that you were inspired by the work of your fellow teamie, Melina. That's what we're here for - to inspire, to teach, and to learn from one another.
Thank you so much for sharing! ♥ ♥ ♥
Ink Art Designs said…
These butterflies are great!!!
My tag book has one tag in it so far lol - but that is okay, it's better than none. I'm on a mission!!!
Ink Art Designs said…
Thank you so much Sue. 'Wonky is the new straight' - I love that!
Ink Art Designs said…
Thank you Gail - it was so much fun to make.
Ink Art Designs said…
Hi Fliss! Thank you so much. I love that our paths are crossing again. Take care x
Ink Art Designs said…
Your video made me feel like I could do it... it really was fun to have a go! Thank you for just putting it out there for people to have a go at. I've struggled with the courage to use a gelli plate for ages.
Ink Art Designs said…
Hi Donna. I am not into 'pretty' stuff, but for some reason I've been doing it a bit lately. It must be the Rubber Dance influence lol
Thank you for liking my stuff.
Ink Art Designs said…
Oh Bibi - I learn SO MUCH from this team. Everyone offers something different and fun. And then the entries offer even more! and take it to another level.
Awesome stuff.
Bibi Lindahl said…
I second that! I learn something new all the time and seeing the work of our team is very inspiring! So is the team's support and enthusiasm ♥
Gorgeous background Dot...so many layers and so much detail work...love it!
Love this Dot, fabulous design and colours. Hugs Debsxx
Susanne Rose said…
Oh wow! I love this tag!!! It is so stunning. Your work is so perfect!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button