A simple tag with crazy flowers

Hello Everyone, Debs here with a quick and simple tag using some of the wonderful new stamps just released in the shop. 20 % discount till 31st of October! 



I cut out a tag shape from heavy Mixed Media Paper and stamped my elements 



I heat set the ink to stop it bleeding, and once it was completely dry I wet around the stamp elements with clean water. 
I then added Watercolour paint (Sennelier) around the elements forming the background. I was careful not to go over the edges as I wanted to keep 
The flowers clean.

Once this was dry I added some distress ink here and there for more interest.




I spritzed and flicked (first seen by Tim Holtz) with clean water which reactivates both the paint and ink giving interesting results




Moving onto the flowers and leaves, I used Mermaid Markers (Jane Davenport) to add colour. I keep a pot of clean water and paper
Towel close to hand to clean up any splashes of paint on the white. If you act quickly you can remove the colour from any areas you don’t want it.

Below the colour looks darker which is because it wasn’t dry. Most paints dry lighter as the moisture content makes it look darker.

The stamps come with several beautiful stems, but I got carried away stamping, so had to draw 
them in, as I didn’t leave space. (With hindsight it’s best to stamp your stems first, then add your flowers)



Once it was completely dry I used a white gel pen (Sygno) to add highlights to the petal and leaves. I also added some glitter to parts of the 
Flowers it it’s hard to see on the photo. Then I stamped my sentiment onto the same card, cut it out and added it to top of the tag.


And a last look!

Take care 
Hugsxx




Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Beautiful tag, Debs! I love your background, absolutely gorgeous colours and they really make the white of the flowers pop! Thank you for sharing!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Beautiful tag Debs and a perfect showcase for all the wonderful new stamps too
hugs
Donna xx
Gorgeous tag Debs! I love your background. The colors remind me a bit about the good old eighties, I don't know why :-)
Hugs, Anita xx
Ink Art Designs said…
A gorgeous tag Debs! These leaves are going to be so handy.
Dot x
Susanne Rose said…
What a wonderful tag my dear! I love the colours. Thank you for the tutorial!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button