Something fishy...

Hello everyone Debs here with another journal page for you today. I'm so happy to be back in my journal, I forgot how much I love playing in it, smile!

I wanted to create an old journal page as a memoir, as if it were a snap shot of a day out out at the beach.





I started on a couple of old pages which were used to mop up and try things out. I love to play this way as I think 
it all adds to the depth and texture.


I smooched the paint over the page with my fingers. I  painted the elements on my page with  a dye based ink.


Next I stamped the people on my page randomly 


I then surrounded them with the net stamp. 


I stamped directly onto the page as well as onto plain card which I then cut out and placed around the page.

I also added the fish as my day out included fishing as well as a nice fish supper!

Here are some more close ups




The stamps I used are Retro Beach and Something Fishy
The Acrylic is Dina Wakley's mini bottles from Ranger
And the dye based ink is From Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers.

A last look at my page. 




All the Beach & Fish stamps from Rubber Dance are on sale right now!
20 % until the 30th of July :-)
Click here to see them in the web shop

Thanks very much for taking a look
Take care
Hugsxx









Comments

This is such a cool art journal page, Debs! I am so glad you find back to journaling. Art journaling is so liberating and relaxing - I love journaling as well. Have a Nice day!
Hugs, Anita
Bibi Lindahl said…
WOW! I have not worked in my art journal for ages, but this looks really fun - smearing paint out with your fingers is my fave teachnique (a girl needs her messy!). Lovely page, Debs - thank you so much!! ♥ ♥ ♥
Rubber Dance said…
Stunning page Debs! I love the many colours in contrast to the black stamping!!!
Great layered stamping over that fabulous painty background.
Alison x
Fantastic creation, so much that catches the eye :)
Hugs
Donna xx
ionabunny said…
Gorgeous page. Love how you combined all the different stamps perfectly. Love it. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button