Blue Cat With Ribbon Flowers - A Card

Hello.  Gail from the design team here with Curious Cat and some ribbons.  Have you seen the new theme challenge?  Ribbons or twine or thread.  I thought about a victorian ribbon design sewing kit I bought a long long long time ago.  About time I used it I suppose!  
Here's the result........ 


Isn't that cat just adorable???   



I started by colouring a piece of fabric with brusho's.  I stamped and embossed Curious Cat on card and coloured him with Salty Ocean and Blueprint Sketch distress inks.  I added some highlights with a white gel pen and fussy cut him.  


I made the flowers by cutting short pieces of ribbon and gathering them with a running stitch.  5 pieces for the flower and one piece in yellow for the centre.  I used three different shades of purple for my flowers.  


I mounted the fabric in an aperture card and added the cat.  Sweet!  

I hope you get out your ribbon or twine or thread and join the challenge.  Don't forget the stamping!  You don't have to use Rubber Dance stamps to enter the challenge, but we always love it when you do.  Hugz


Curious Cat is going to join the fun at
Scrappelyst Grublis for Juli - Blomster I Tre Farger
Happy Little Stampers July Mixed Media Challenge - Texture
Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge July
Ribbon Girls July Use Any Image Challenge

Comments

Ahhh this is so sweet Gail, the cat looks adorable with his beautiful flowers :)
Hugs
Donna xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Absolutely gorgeous kittie!! Love the colours!! Interesting way of making flowers, haven't seen that before - super cool! Thanks so much, Gail! ♥ ♥ ♥
Merete Nesset said…
Cute cat! I love the way it comes through the frame! :-)
Super cute card Gail!! Love your colors!
Rubber Dance said…
What a fantastic card Gail!!! It's so cute.
Dotstolines said…
Super cute card Gail! Lovely colours! Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck!
Aditi Mahajan- DT
Michelle said…
A very different card with great colors.
Thanks for playing with us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge.
Good luck!! Michelle(DT)
Scratch said…
Very sweet cat, and lovely card!

Thank you for participating in our challenge at Scrappelyst!

DT Linda

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button