Creativity lives here - restyling day

Hi there.
Anita from the Design team back again and today I want to show you something that basically was very ugly (at least I think so).  Door signs, or a wall hanger, which can be brand new and very beautiful by using the amazing Rubber Dance stamps and some paint.

Dadaaaaa!

(big letters spell 'here lives' in Norwegian)


Here is a step by step of how I made this:

Here is the original



I painted it with white gesso. Let it dry, and another layer of gesso.

I added acrylic paint in yellow, turquoise and green in dots using babywipes.  Let dry.

Then some magenta.  Let dry.


I've used some stencils and the same color to make some patterns.
 

Then Picket Fence Distress Stain through Tim Holtz stencil Dot Fade (which is my favorite stencil)


Then I used Archival ink in color "forget me not" and stamp from the set Textured Flowers stamped around on all three parts.

I stamped the pine from the set Pines Fir Yew on the upper corner on every piece with Archival ink in the color "Cactus Flower".

Then I used StazOn Jet black and stamped from the set Sew sweet and stamped a frame around all three parts.

I stamped butterflies from the set Antique Botanicals on a watercolor paper and colored them with Ecoline.


I gave the butterflies some Glitter Glaze. Now they were incredibly beautiful with a little glitter and shine.



It's time to cut them out.

I stamped her (here) bor (live) with the letters from Alphabet Uno set, and some black and gold alphabet stickers to make the word kreativiteten (creativity) on the last piece.

I painted with a brush the inside of the letters with purple matt acrylic paint.


Then I made some dots inside the letters with pink Liquid Pearls.

And pasted on all the butterflies with a glue gun.





And inside the door the creativity actually lives,  he he he :-) oh no, there's no mess at all, it’s just creativity that has happened ....

That was what I wanted to show you today. Hope I gave you the inspiration to maybe spice up things in your home that is not so cool anymore, and instead of throwing it you can restyle it.
Hope I see you again soon.

Remember that all the stamps I have used on this project + many more can be bought in Rubber Dance’s online store.
Hugs, Anita
my blog: http://nitisartfromheart.blogspot.com

Comments

Craftyfield said…
Very cool... so much better than the uninteresting original hanger! Great vibrant colours and layers of stamping and stencilling Anita.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Anita! ♥ It's gorgeous!! It's a beautiful sign and such a great idea. I love your happy colours! Thank you for sharing the step by step with photos. The only sign I have on my creativity room's door is made of paper and says "Beware of the cute dog", which is true (she's always here with me), but I guess it's time to make a really pretty one ... Thanks for the inspiration! :-)
Susanne Rose said…
AWWWWSOME!!! Thats so cool. I love your butterflies all all the colours! Hugs, Susanne.
Gerrina said…
It is so good to see all those techniques! And I love the colours that you used!
Jackie PN said…
Fabulous make over! bravo! ")

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!