Interview with DT member Susan

Intervjuet kan leses på dansk, klikk her. (Interview in Danish)




Name: Susan Janicula
Location: Copenhagen - Denmark
Blog: http://susanjanicula.blogspot.com






How long have you been stamping and what made you start?
While I was working my colleagues and I went to creative fairs.  In 2003 at a trade show stamps from England were displayed, and I bought a Big Shot with dies. I fell for and bought a small stamp set with flower pots, plants and flowers, and everything was in miniature. My major interest was things in 1:12 scale.  At a trade show in 2006 I found the book "Scraps - A course in small miracles" by Elsebeth Gynther and Christine Clemmensen - a great book that I just had to own. Since then it has accelerated and resulted in many exhibitions, books on creativity, acrylics, watercolor and mixed media and stamps, dies, ink pads, embellishments etc ....

How do you improve your skills and/or learn new techniques?
I develop my skills through my curiosity.  I try to keep up with new things and techniques on the Internet, where I have participated in many online courses.  Right now I am following 'Ever After', which has adventures as a theme, and Tim Holtz's brand new 103 course.

How would you describe your style?
My style is a mix of Steampunk, Grunge and Goth with a touch of black humor.  I also like Art Journaling, Mixed Media and Altered Art.  I am always experimenting and open to new approaches, and I love all kinds of paper and what you can do with them.

What do you make most often?
Tags and ATC are a format I like to work with, so I make some of them. Also journal pages and some alterations/upcycling.

Which materials/products do you frequently use?
I can not do without stamps and ink pads.  I also use dies and various embellishments.

How often do you make something?
My husband says I'm doing something all the time. :-))

Where do you buy the supplies you need?
I deal with online shops around the world: Denmark, Norway, Poland, Ireland, England, New Zealand, Australia and the United States.

Are there any particular stampers you would like to meet?
I've always been a big fan of Tim Holtz's product line and techniques so I would like to meet him e.g. at a CHA exhibition.

I have been a member of Rubber Dance Design team since August 2015, and what I like the most about being part of the team is as 'inspirer' to show how the very beautiful Rubber Dance stamps can be used in different contexts.

Here are some of the things I've made with stamps from Rubber Dance:







I wish you a nice day.
Hugs, Susan

Comments

Hi Susan! So nice reading your interview. I see that we are a fan of the same man :) Tim Holtz. It was brilliant of Bibi (the big Boss)having interviews! Thank you for your interest in sharing a bit of yourself. I really admire your work and your art. I am very grateful and happy that I'm in the same DT team as you.
Wishing you a wonderful and creative day! Here in Bergen where I live there is a storm and rain today .... So it's great for creativity;)
Hugs, Anita ♥
Craftyfield said…
Great to read about how you started and what your favourites are!
ionabunny said…
Hi Susan, lovely to learn a little bit more about you. Fab interview and lovely to see your beautiful projects together. Hugz
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions, Susan. Interesting to learn that you started with miniatures, seeing now that you paint on large canvases and also do art journaling - on a much bigger scale. I love your work and I'm so lucky to have you on my Design Team! ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!