Hello my dear crafty friends!
This is Irit from Rubber Dance DT here and today I am going to share my very first ever Pocket Letter.
I made it as an ART POCKET LETTER full of stamping, colors and fun.
I was really afraid of this pretty big project. Like we are talking 9 ATC cards and then the spine and the inside things too. But after doing the full tutorial I can say that I love the concept and I am going to make more of those so-called letters.
This is a trendy pocket letter that is actually 9 ATC size cards made in the same theme (arts and crafts) with new 7 Gypsies collection that is not about arts at all. I added stamped Rubber Dance images over most of the cards and used more than dozen of Tattered Angels paints and mists.
Step by step tutorial:
1. Cover 9 ivory ATC cards with different pieces of Ordre du Joir 8x8'' paper.
2. Stamp over almost each piece with different arts and crafts stamps from Rubber Dance. I mostly used brown ink, but some stamped images are in other colors.
As the main stamping images I used almost all of new Rubber Dance Artist Plate set.
The words ART used in the middle card are one from Collage Mix and the second from Da Vinci set. The word Love is from A little Birdie set. The splashes are from Funny Birthday set.
3. Add 7 different High Impact colors to stamped and hand cut artist's pallet and let it dry. Ink the edges of some cards or paper pieces with the same High Impact paints. Colors the artists' brushes with the same paint. Add paint splashes over some cards as shown. Paint the bold letters in Love and Art with white paint.
4. Use stencil to add some upper texture with gel medium over the painted cards.
6.Add some embellishments over the cards, such as a piece of blue burlap, a piece of lace, a piece of rope etc for more interest and as a piece for possible use after you have " read" this letter.
Add a couple of cloth pins over the central title card.
7. Add a piece of washi tape over the border as we don't want to see all binder holes. Add a piece of red CC tape over to cover the manufacturer name (not very interesting to see). Die cut a few small vintage cuts from the same patterned paper pad and glue them on two cards for more texture and interest.
And now the whole finished piece:
And all of those gorgeous stamps can be found in Rubber Dance shop HERE.
Use Irit2016 discount code to get 15% off your order and the shipping rates are great too! Check the shop and pick your own favorites!
You can also win some great stamps as we offer you our Monthly challenge in the blog and this month it's Kraft- White and Red. So enter your project (any products to win, but for the Dt Pick of the Month you do need to use Rubber Dance stamp) and maybe you can win some fantastic art stamps!