My August Affirmations


Hello, nice to see you here at Rubber Dance art stamps! My name is Gabriele from Art-a-tag and I am a mixed media artist from Germany.

I am very happy about this month's release AFFIRMATIONS. Thank you Katy and Bibi! That is a stamp set I will use very often. It is perfect for my Art Journaling and my kind of making art. And I love to use text as a design element. I made a little video, to show in which way I use these great stamps.



To better explain some material I used, I made some additional photos.
dreamtagmWRD
The tag had a background I set aside some time ago, because I did not have the right motive for it yet. But "dream" is just it! I just had to emboss the word dream with that yummy creamy pink with glitter, adding some shadow for the 3D effect with pencil and stamp "I want to" - almost done. The butterflies are on washi tape and the embellishments with affirmations are created with shrink film. Just stamp on the foil with permanent ink, cut into the right size, let dry and bake in the oven for a few minutes. The instructions come with the foil package. Oh, and don´t forget to make a hole, if you want it to attach it to a ribbon.
detail
I love shrink film! Used it the first time and I am excited about the possibilies! It is quite easy to cut and punch - super stuff!

The affirmations are also perfect for my Art Journaling. I show you a page in process. It might still change a bit, as I might add some doodling to it, I don´t know yet. I just wanted to show you how great the text goes with my journaling. Thank you again Rubber Dance!
AJaugustmWRD
And last, but not least a "tag in process", the one I did not get finished, when you popped into my studio! I might do a bit of colouring to the kitten and the text. It is clear to see, the cat from the sheet "Celestial Images" and the text are made for each other!!!
loonycatmWRD
Supply list:
Acrylic paints, pencil, pen
Magazine clips for collage
Various permanent inks
Embossing ink and embossing powder Stampendous! Frantage Shabby Pink
Shrink Film
The Rubber Dance stamps I used are the sheets
Affirmations and Celestial Images

Thanks for being with me today. I hope you had some fun and it would be lovely to see you next time. You are also very welcome to visit me on my blog artatag.wordpress.com.

Have a very happy and creative time!

Gabriele from Art-a-tag

 

Rubber Dance webshop: www.rubberdance.com
We would be happy if you join us on Facebook for the latest news!

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Gabriele! I love how you made your own embellishments out of shrink plastic, stamping those texts on there. Looks really cool on your tag! I love those Affirmation stamps, too - DT Katy certainly did a great job making them for me! They're so versatile, with the big and smaller texts, so they can be used on both tags, cards, ATCs etc as well as larger projects such as art journalling. Yours is super cool, btw!!
Nice to hear you talk about your work on your video!
♥♥♥
Majo said…
Wow, so many things to see. Your creation is an adventure, just like an expedition, so beautiful.

Have a wonderful Sunday, dear friend ♥
Susanne Rose said…
Love watching your videos Gabriele. Hopefully you'll do more of them! Great samples with the new stamps! They are so beautiful!!
Craftyfield said…
Love your artistic pages Gabriele, great use of the Rubber Dance stamps too...
Anonymous said…
Love how you used my stamps - happy dance!
Unknown said…
Great video -loved hearing your voice! Wonderful projects - so fun to see. Thanks bunches. j.
ionabunny said…
Love the shrinkie dinks. Fun tag. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button