My Valentine Art Journal


Hello, how nice of you to pay us a visit here at Rubber Dance art stamps! My name is Gabriele from Art-a-tag and I am a mixed media artist from Germany.
I love to play in my art journals, as I can experiment and just work for myself without the fear of ruining something. Nice journals are quite costly and so I found a wonderful substitute in old photo albums. They leave room enough for collages and even embellishments. The only problem is: The paper, although quite sturdy, is usually made for dry media, so it curls a bit when it gets wet. But you can use gesso on both sides to take care of the problem.
ValentinemWRD_0001
I usually start with a collage of scrips and scraps from my desk. Some newspaper and some very nice brown wrapping paper with music notes and whatever was on hand. Then some white gesso to cover up the black underpaper to pull the collaged pieces together.
valentine1b
As the colours for our month's challenge are blue, brown and red, I started splashing some turquoise on the collage.
valentine2b
Now comes the fun part: stamping. Oh, before I forget, the hearts and the postal stamp shapes are from a stencil. For the squares on top I used very small inkpads and stamped directly on the page.
valentine3
Now little characters and the fern image from the Rock Carvings set stamped in dark turquoise and dark brown. Then I put the stencil back over the hearts and stamped the Vintage Postcard with embossing ink. Golden embossing powder for the romantic feeling. Very little doodling with pencil.
valentinemWRD
The finished page (see first photo above) has a little guy from Rock Carvings, chasing after a heart, stamped in dark brown on tissue paper and collaged. Also some circles in dark red on the top right side.
Maybe you also have some old albums you don't need anymore and just give it a try. If you have some questions feel free to contact me.

Supply list:
White gesso
Acrylic paint alizarine crimson and turquoise green
no name ink pads red and pink
StazOn ink Teal Blue, Claret, Spiced Chai and Ganache
Embossing ink pad and embossing powder gold

Round in Circles
Here are the Rubber Dance stamps I used
rockcarvings
Rock Carvings
CO5-1E-1
Vintage Postcard










Thanks for being with me today. I hope you had some fun and it would be lovely to see you next month. You are also very welcome to visit me on my blog artatag.wordpress.com.

I wish you a very happy and creative time!

Gabriele from Art-a-tag


Rubber Dance webshop: www.rubberdance.com
We would be happy if you join us on Facebook for the latest news!

If you like blue, red and brown, why don't you join our challenge this month? You can win stamps from Rubber Dance!


Comments

Susanne Rose said…
Total klasse. Der Farbkontrast gefällt mir besonders gut!!! Es gibt so viel zu entdecken.
Majo said…
Wow, das ist toll, liebe Gabriele. Genau wie Susanne schon sagte, es gibt so viel zu sehen :)
massofhair said…
BEAUTIFUL pages, great colours and stamps used. Must get the circles stamp set! :-) xxx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Gabriele! Love your page and the way you made it. It's great to see how differently we use stamps in our work. I adore the gold embossing inside the hearts! :-)
xox
TwinkleToes2day said…
Super page Gabriele, the gold on the hearts is fabulous!! :o) xx
Julia Dunnit said…
This os fab Gabriele, love the gold on the hearts and the beautiful turquoise. I like the round in circles stamps very much.
RosA said…
Love your page Gabriele. Great colours and shapes. I too love the gold embossing on the hearts!
Unknown said…
Wonderful as always!
WUnderschön ist das Gabriele!

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button