Two for One!

Hi Everyone

Todays video tutorial shows you how to take a card design or element you like and use it to make another card……or more!!!


I used stamps from the brand new Da Vinci (DAV1-L) stamp set to create my cards today and you will see how I made this cute daisy panel in the video.  I knew I wanted to focus entirely on this lovely stamped image so I framed it to create this elegant card.

 Although on the video I show you how to make an inner using a quote stamp that comes with this set I thought at the time this design would make a great card for sending a note to someone to say thanks or just to let them know you are thinking about them.  Thinking ahead to Christmas you could make a set of these cards with different colour daisies and stamp a few matching envelopes, tie them up with a bow and you have a lovely gift for a friend or a stocking filler for your Mum!

I loved the little daisy tile so much I just had to take it one step further…….


Check out the tutorial to see how I expanded on the original idea to create this card.  I even coloured and stamped my ribbon to match!


Cutting Guide Card 1

Brown Card Base - 11 1/2" x 5 3/4" scored and folded at 5 3/4" or 29cm x 14.5cm scored and folded at 14.5cm
Cream Card (Cut two) - 5 1/2" square or 14cm square
Cream Card Topper - 2" square or 5cm square
Brown Card Topper - 2 1/8" square or 5.5cm square

Cutting Guide Card 2

Brown Card Base - 11 1/2" x 8" scored and folded at 5 3/4" or 29cm x 20cm scored and folded at 14.5cm
Cream Card (Cut two) - 5 1/2" x 7 3/4" or 14cm x 19.5cm
Cream Card Topper (Cut four) - 2" square or 5cm square
Brown Card Topper (Cut four) - 2 1/8" square or 5.5cm square

I hope you enjoy the tutorial!  Don't forget to follow this link to check out all the other lovely stamps that come with the Da Vinci collection!  I am loving working with this classical set of images and I know you will too.

Have a wonderful and creative weekend.

Helen x

Comments

Craftyfield said…
I had to cut a mask for my entry in the challenge but it created too much of a halo, and it took me a while to get it right! Yours worked brilliantly first time, love the clean design of these cards. Thanks for the video.
Cataleya said…
So lovely!!! Thank you very much dear Helen for this tutorial!!! :)
~Olga Kovalchuk
TwinkleToes2day said…
You are the champion of video tutorials! Nay! The Queen! ((hugs)) xx
Anonymous said…
Mo is right, you know! Chapeau!! And a hug!
Gabriele
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Helen! The cards are fab and the video is full of great tips - as awlays! :-)
XOX
Majo said…
Love the clean look of your card, Helen ♥

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button