Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button


Hi everyone! It's Bibi here with a frosty miniature window. I was inspired to make this when I saw what the theme of Tando Creative's challenge was this month:  Cold as Ice.
I had also noticed that Buttons were the challenge theme over at Cards und More, and since I love buttons - I decided to incorporate some and enter their challege as well. My mom has given me her huge collection of old buttons, and I picked out some with a mother-of-pearl finish which I think look kind of frosty.

I used a Printers Mini Tray Chipboard from Tando as my starting point and colored it with white and blue Distress paint. The panel behind the frames, where the birds are stamped and embossing in white, is a piece of silver cardstock. I shot the photo outside to get the reflection of the sky and clouds (I'm so glad it didn't rain today!).




The poodles are die cuts, coloured with Distress inks and stickles.
The blue swirl is also a die cut, and it's cut out of Shimmer Sheetz.
Notice those tiny glass beads - they're meant to look like ice in the window ....
not quite sure that they do, but the windows seemed to lack something ... and this is what I came up with.

Some close-ups:


Behind the poodles you can see some fir trees, stamped and white embossed.


I added some drops using Stickles and Liquid Pearls on the swirl...

... and on the buttons: 

Thank you for stopping by!
Leave me some lovin' below and make my day, won't you? ;-)


Supplies:

All rubber stamps (swirl background, birds, pine trees): Rubber Dance
Printer Mini Tray Chipboard: Tando Creative
Shimmer Sheetz and Glitter Dots : Elizabeth Craft Design
Poodle Die Cut: Top Dog Dies
Elagant Flourishes Die Cut: Tim Holtz Alterations, Sissix
Distress Paint, Distress Ink, Liquid Pearls, Stickles: Ranger
Vintage buttons (private collection), cardstock, glue


This is the first time ever that I enter any blog challenges, but I know it won't be the last. Fun, fun, fun! Here's the direct link to the two challenges - hop on over and play along!

Cold as Ice: Tando Creative
Buttons: Cards und More

I wish you a wonderful day - hopefully less cold than my winter window ...
Right now it's 11 C here in the south-east of Norway (10.30 am), but the sun is shining with a promise of a warmer day ahead.

XOX,
Bibi 

Addendum Oct. 9th: I gave this winter picture to my mom and her partner when they left for Spain yesterday - wise women live there from October to March to escape the harsh Norwegian winters.. On the back, I wrote that if the temperature drops to 16 plus Celcius in Spain, they can look at this picture and remember that it's most likely 16 MINUS back home - or worse....


This is their poodle and me. I'm not tiny - that dog is HUGE! 



And very cute :)



Comments

Craftyfield said…
Only 6 C here in the South of England but the clear skies promise a warm day! Shimmer sheetz, glass beads, Stickles and all other details contribute to that frosty feeling. Gorgeous project.
Cataleya said…
OH!!! My dear Bibi, it's so lovely card!!! :) I'm so glad that there is no rain today! We have a very sunny weather too, but it's very cold outside. Your frosty window look so fantastic!!! Wish you a wonderful creative day!!! xoxo
~Olga Kovalchuk
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you very much! So nice to see you here again :-))
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thanks, dear Olga! :-)) Good to hear you have sun, even if it's cold. Now I'm taking my own poodle out for a walk in the "cold sun".
xox
TwinkleToes2day said…
I think this is stunning Bi! And how inspired to take the photo reflecting the sky. The beads really do make the window look frosted and and ht eifr trees behind are wonderful! As for the poodle die - ToOOo cute!! :D Have a wonderful day (hugs) xo
Cataleya said…
Sounds very good :) I wish you both to spend this time the most interesting way! Have a fun! :) xoxo
~Olga Kovalchuk
Irit Shalom said…
Love this piece a lot! The way you made the snow over the window is just unique!
Dagmar said…
Oh - it´s so beautiful!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Twi! :) Glad to hear you think the beads worked :)You know how it can be when you have looked at something for too long, you sort of go blind - impossible to be objective. I adore those poodle dies, of course I am very subjective about that since my dog is a poodle :)
XOX
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Irit! :-) I have tiny beads all over the place now ... forgot to work over a tray when I added them ...
XOX
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Dagmar! So nice to see you here again :))
XOX
A gorgeous creation Bibi!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Susi! :-D
xox
RosA said…
Lovely window scene. The embellished buttons look great!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Hi RosA, nice to see you here again! Thank you for your sweet comment :-)
xox
marion said…
What a lovely project, thank you so much for joining us at Cards und More and good luck, hugs, Marion
Bibi Lindahl said…
Dank je wel, Marion! :) So glad I found your challenge blog!
xox
Karen said…
Hi Bibi! This is really beautiful!!!! Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Tando x
Susanne Rose said…
Turns out so beautiful!!! Love it!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Karen! Such a fun challenge! I'll be back for more .... :)
xox
Bibi Lindahl said…
Danke schön, Susanne! :-)
xox
Unknown said…
Love this Bibi - absolutely gorgeous!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Katy! :-)
xox
Bastelmichaela said…
A beautiful card, a great design and wonderful colors....thanks for joining us this week at Cards und More….
hugs Michaela
Kaz said…
This is gorgeous, I love all the details you've included. Thanks for joining us at Tando this month.
Anonymous said…
Such a wonderful creation - a winter dream!!!
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Michaela! :-) Glad I found your challenge - this was fun!
XOX
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you very much, Kaz! It was so fun to join - will do it again :-)
XOX
Bibi Lindahl said…
Danke, meine Liebe Freundin <3
XOX
Stempelomi said…
such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at cards and more and good luck!
Hugs,Beate
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Beate! I'll be back for more challenges :-)
XOX
Carol Plume said…
what a great use of the Tando printers tray - really like your finished project. Thank You for joining us at Tando creative this month.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thanks, Carol! Those trays are so cool! I'll be back with more ... :)
XOX
Crafty Claire said…
It's really beautiful. I love the ice beads.
Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)