Rubber Dance stamps used: BK1-3E: Diamonds; A1-4B: Grasshopper
Step by step instructions:
1) Take an ordinary domino and colour with VersaMagic chalk inks, creating a soft background. Dry very well with a heat gun - be aware it will take a while for the ink to set and the domino will get very hot.
2) Place the Grasshopper stamp onto an acrylic block and use a permanent pen to mark where the design starts and ends. This helps you to stamp the design centrally on the domino, as the image just fits.3) Using the guidelines, stamp onto the domino using permanent ink like StazOn (or you can use an ink you can heat set like Brilliance or VersaMagic).
4) Colour the image with permanent colouring medium - I used a mix of waxy pencils and Inktense pencils. Use a permanent colour because the glaze will make water-based colours run.
• Not into wearable stamping? Dominoes make great fridge magnets too - just use strong glue to attach a magnet to the reverse.
• Be gentle when stamping onto a domino - the surface is shiny and it's easy for the stamp to slip. Take a little more care than when working on card or paper.
Here are two more views of the pendant for you.
All the stamps used for this project are from Rubber Dance and can be found on these pages:
Animals A1-4B: Grasshopper
Backgrounds BK1-3E: Diamonds
VersaMagic or similar chalk inks
Permanent black ink
Colouring pencils or paint
Glue bails (x2)
Cord end clasp
I really hoped you enjoyed my little project.
See you soon.
My blog: http://postcardsfromtheattic.blogspot.co.uk